The effect of the coronavirus pandemic has been rising to greater levels since its outbreak in the nation. The entire country is suffering a lot due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the 21-day lockdown period. As a result of this deadly virus, all the schools and colleges across the nation were shut down till the lockdown. As per the latest reports that emerged in recent times, some of the companies have cancelled the placement offers given to the students through campus placements.
Speaking about the issue, the HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhiyal Nishank requested the companies on Monday. The request is about not to withdraw any job offers granted to the students due to the diminishing economic growth rate amid the coronavirus crisis. In the previous week, news has emerged reporting that one of the popular companies had withdrawn its job offers to 17 students from the prevalent IITs and IIMs.
He further added that the Indian Government is striving hard to make sure that the current situation of the country doesn’t last long. The impact of the coronavirus may not have a persistent influence on the Indian economy. He said the students not to worry about their placements amid the current situation of the country. Through this appeal, he said, ‘It will be unfair not to hire these students who are actually bright and can contribute to pulling the country out of this situation.’
Last week, the HRD Minister Nishank instructed the directors of 23 IITs to make sure that the students who got job offers through campus placements shouldn’t get affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Even the All IITs’ Placement Committee [AIPC] also communicated all the companies that visited for campus recruitment. The officials of AIPC requested the companies not to revoke the job offers given to the graduating students.