Karnataka Examination Authority is in full swing to disclose the much-anticipated KCET Result 2020 in May. All the hopeful candidates who have written the entrance examination are eagerly waiting for the result. The officials at KEA will declare the result in online mode. To access the result, the aspirants need to log into the student portal. This post shows the complete information about the procedure to check KCET Result, how to challenge the result and more. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- KCET Result 2020
- KCET 2020 Result Date
- How to Check KCET Result 2020?
- Details Mentioned on KCET 2020 Result
- How to Calculate KCET 2020 Result
- KCET 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
- Procedure to Challenge KCET Result 2020
- KCET 2020 Counselling
- KCET Result 2020 FAQs
KCET Result 2020
Karnataka Common Entrance Test is a national level entrance examination organized every year by KEA. This year, the authorities will conduct the exam as per the schedule and timetable. After the completion of the KCET exam in April 2020, the aspirants will check the result declaration date. All the applicants who are seeking to access their KCET 2020 result can visit the official website of KEA. The authorities of the board will release the result and publish it online. So, the contenders can check the latest updates about the result frequently by visiting the official portal.
The authorities of the board will update the official website with the latest notifications on a timely basis. After the result is published on the official website of KEA, the remaining private websites will host the result. If you are struggling hard to access the KCET Result from the official website, we advise our readers to visit our website. On our website, you can find the direct link to access the candidate’s KCET score and rank easily. Using the application number and date of birth, the candidates will be able to check their result sans any difficulty. We will soon update this page with more required information about the result and the next rounds of KCET 2020.
KCET 2020 Result Date
Karnataka Common Entrance Test result will be available in online mode for all the aspiring candidates. The students will explore the web to check the KCET 2020 result date. If you are one among the anxious folks, you are in the correct place right now. It is the most common situation for every examinee to feel tensed about their result. As it is an entrance examination, this KCET Result 2020 will certainly show some impact on the candidate’s future. We can understand the inquisitiveness of the candidate about their corresponding exam result.
As of now, the Karnataka Examination Authority hasn’t come up with an official confirmation regarding the KCET result date 2020. Anyhow, we are here to clear all the queries and doubts that often prick the mind of a contender. Based on the previous year’s trends, we can estimate the expected release date of the result. After considering the result declaration date of KCET in the previous years, we have included the tentative release date in this post. We expect the authorities are planning to declare the KCET Result soon in the fourth week of May 2020. We predict the KCET 2020 result may be declared on 24th May 2020. Once the result is declared, the contenders can visit the official website and access their examination score.
How to Check KCET Result 2020?
We included the easy procedure to access the result for the entrance examination [KCET] 2020 from the official portal. Check the detailed step-by-step procedure furnished below here:
- At first, navigate to the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority.
- On the home page of the portal, you will find a list of the latest notifications.
- Among the notifications, explore the KCET Result 2020 news.
- If the result is declared, you can find the link blinking on the home page.
- Just tap the accurate result link and you will be redirected to a new page.
- You are asked to enter the vital details like the registration number in the empty field.
- Submit your details and wait for some time.
- In a couple of seconds, the KCET Result will be displayed on the monitor.
- After checking the KCET score and rank of the candidate, you can take a print out of the same.
- Download the result hard copy as it is necessary at the time of KCET Counselling 2020.
Details Mentioned on KCET 2020 Result
Once the candidates take a print out of the result, they can see some details present on the scorecard. Check the important details that are included on the KCET Result card 2020.
- Name of the Examinee
- CET Number
- The marks of the candidate obtained in all subjects
- Total marks secured in KCET 2020 exam
- Candidate’s Rank in KCET entrance test
How to Calculate KCET 2020 Result
At the time of preparing the KCET result, the concerned officials will consider the official marking scheme. According to the official norms and conditions of KEA, the authorities will award 1 mark to each right answer. No negative marking is present in KCET 2020 entrance examination. This exam is conducted for a total of 180 marks and there will be 180 questions. Once the score is calculated, the total number of right answers marked by the candidate will be the total score. This is the correct procedure to calculate the KCET result 2020 with the appropriate marking scheme.
KCET 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
The tie-breaking situation will emerge when two candidates acquire the same score in the KCET 2020 examination. Follow the below-mentioned tie-breaking criterion in KCET 2020.
For Engineering/Technology Streams
- For these courses, the aspirant’s merit will be considered through the score secured in Maths.
- If the candidates secure a similar mark in Maths subject, the tie can be cleared by considering the Physics marks.
- Still, if the tie exists, the marks secured in various subjects will be considered by the officials.
- To clear the tie finally, the officials will consider the merit of the candidate as well as their age. The candidates whose age is older will be given high merit.
For Architecture Stream
- The officials will evaluate the merit concerning the marks secured in NATA.
- If the marks secured in NATA are equivalent then, the marks secured in Maths will be considered for clearing the tie.
- If the KCET tie still exists, the officials will consider the candidate’s age to determine the merit.
Procedure to Challenge KCET Result 2020
It is one of the most beneficial options that the examination authority has made it available for the aspirants. The officials of KEA provided a chance to the candidates to raise objections about their KCET 2020 Result. The examinee can request for changing a few specific details on the result. It includes an alteration in the qualifying marks in the exam, score in NATA or NEET, version code and more. Once the officials release the final answer key, they don’t allow any request for revaluation of marks in the exam. Check out some of the key things that an individual must follow to raise an objection. Have a look!
- The examinees have a chance to challenge within 3 days of the KCET result declaration.
- The candidates can challenge the KEA official soon for a new assignment of ranks.
- The contenders must submit a photo of the qualifying marks they have secured in the exam. They can send the photo either personally or send via speed post to the office of KEA. This way, their modified rank will be published in the list that’s available online.
KCET 2020 Counselling
After the official announcement of the KCET 2020 Result, the selected contenders must take part in KCET Counselling. The officials will release the counselling schedule on the official website after the result declaration. During the counselling procedure, the officials will verify the essential documents. At the same time, the aspirants must fill their preferred choices such as the course and college in a specific order.
Based on the KCET 2020, candidate’s rank, preferences and seat availability, the officials will allocate seats to the aspirants. Once the seat allocation is finished, the aspirants must report at the corresponding college. This is done only for the confirmation purpose of the candidate. By doing this, the candidate will confirm their admission in the allotted college. The aspirants must pay specific counselling fee to lock their seat.
KCET Result 2020 FAQs
Check some of the most asked questions about KCET Result 2020 listed below:
How Can I Check My KCET 2020 Result?
The contenders can check the result easily from the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority. Using the registration number, the aspirants can gain access to the KCET result.
What is a Good Score in KCET?
The candidates must get more than 120 marks in the KCET exam to get admission into the best college.
What are the Cut-Off Marks for KCET 2020?
The corresponding colleges will disclose the KCET cutoff 2020 at the time of the result announcement. The candidates need to secure a minimum qualifying cutoff mark to become eligible for the next rounds.
Is there any Negative Marking in KCET?
No, the officials haven’t included a negative marking system in KCET 2020.
If I am not satisfied with the KCET Results, Can I Apply for Re-Evaluation?
Yes, the aspirants can apply for re-evaluation at least 3 days before the declaration of the result. If the three days’ time is exceeded, the officials won't accept any such requests from the candidates.
That’s all! This is the way to check KCET Result 2020. The aforementioned details regarding the result date are just tentative. We will soon update the exact date for the KCET result declaration on this page. We hope this information has helped you in reducing your anxiety levels about the result date. For the latest news and updates, bookmark this website – KVPY.ORG.IN. Stay tuned to this portal for more educational content.