Karnataka Examinations Authority is all set to commence KCET Counselling 2020 likely in the first week of June. The authorities will conduct the entrance test for all the aspirants in May. All those who qualify in this exam are eligible to register for counselling. The selected candidates need to apply for the counselling procedure on a specific schedule. We have provided the tentative schedule for the KCET counselling and the seat allotment process in this post. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- KCET Counselling 2020
- KCET 2020 Counselling Dates
- Documents Required for KCET Counselling 2020
- KCET 2020 Counselling Procedure
- KCET Reservation Criteria 2020
- KCET Seat Allotment 2020
- KCET 2020 Counselling FAQs
KCET Counselling 2020
The Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the KCET entrance test for all the aspirants every year. All the ambitious candidates who are willing to get admission into different Engineering courses will take up this exam. The qualified candidates as per the merit list or qualifying score are eligible for the further rounds of counselling. The organization has established some nodal centers for organizing the counselling process in and across the state of Karnataka. As per the details from the examinations authority of the state, it will kickstart KCET 2020 Counselling soon in June.
At the time of the counselling process, qualified candidates need to fill their preferred web options. They can choose their desired courses and colleges affiliated to KEA. Once the candidates finish filling the order of preferences, they can wait for further counselling rounds. Based on the rank and merit acquired by the candidate in the KCET exam 2020, the authorities will begin seat allocation. The aspiring contenders need to know the complete KCET counselling 2020 dates from the official website. The candidates can stay tuned to this website for the latest updates regarding the detailed counselling procedure.
KCET 2020 Counselling Dates
The officials of KEA is likely to release the complete schedule for conducting KCET Counselling 2020 in June. For taking part in counselling, the contenders must fill the application form. After checking the applications, the officials will release the list of selected candidates. All the shortlisted candidates need to take part in the Counselling. The officials of the Karnataka Examination Authority hasn’t made an official announcement regarding the KCET Counselling. However, the candidates need not worry about the counselling schedule. We have included the tentative schedule for carrying out the counselling this year.
As per the tentative KCET 2020 schedule, the authorities will begin the document verification from the 1st week of June. The expected date for the commencement of KCET Counselling is 2nd June 2020. After the completion of the verification, the authorities will release the first round of seat allotment result. Once the 1st round of seat allotment is finished, the remaining candidates can attend the 2nd round of counselling. The entire counselling process for KCET selected candidates will be wrapped up by the 3rd week of August 2020.
Documents Required for KCET Counselling 2020
Here is the list of documents that are necessary for the KCET Counselling process. Check it out!
- KCET Application Form 2020 Hardcopy
- KCET Rank or Scorecard 2020
- Acknowledgment for the application fee payment
- 10th class marks sheet
- 12th class marks sheet
- KCET 2020 Admit Card
- Two latest passport size photos of the candidate
- Study Certificate
- ID Proof of the Candidate
- Caste Certificate of the Examinee [If applicable]
- Other important documents
- KCET Counselling 2020 Fee
At the time of filling the preferred options for college and branch, the candidates need to pay the counselling fee. The authorities of KEA will fix the stipulated amount that the candidates must pay as the counselling fee for KCET. The candidates can check the counselling fee they need to pay for getting admissions into colleges on the official website. Based on the merit list, rank and the scorecard of the candidate, the KEA authorities will allocate a seat. If you are not aware of the stipulated counselling fee, just check it in this post. We will soon update the counselling fee once the authorities announce it officially.
KCET 2020 Counselling Procedure
Follow the steps furnished below in detailed to understand the KCET counselling procedure:
- At first, the candidates must register for KCET Counselling from the official website.
- During the application filling process, the candidates need to enter crucial details.
- Enter the personal, academic and other educational qualifications of the candidates.
- After entering all the essential details, the candidates must confirm and submit to the concerned authorities.
- For the verification process, the aspirants need to carry some essential documents to the concerned counselling venue.
- The officials will verify the documents [both the original and Xerox copies].
- Later, the contenders need to wait for the merit list released by the officials.
Filling Web Options
- In the next step, the candidates need to make a choice of their colleges as well as the courses.
- After completing the selection, the candidates need to submit them to the respective authority in the state.
- The examinations authority will announce a specific due date for submitting the web options.
- All the ambitious candidates can download the counselling letter through the official web portal. Otherwise, get it from the link provided below in this post.
- As mentioned earlier, the officials will consider various factors and provide a seat for the candidate.
- The organization will publish the seat allotment list on its website. The aspirants can download it directly from the portal for further reference.
Reporting at Institute
- This is the most crucial phase in the admission process for all the candidates.
- The students need to finally make confirmation about their joining into the allotted college.
- You need to submit some of the vital documents to join the allotted institute.
Payment of Counselling Fee
- Paying the admission fee is another important thing for confirming your admission.
- The candidates need to pay a specific amount of counselling fee at the respective college.
- By paying the fee, the candidates will confirm the institute and lock their seats.
That’s all! This is a simple procedure to take part in KCET Counselling.
KCET Reservation Criteria 2020
KEA authorities will provide reservation for specific categories of candidates in KCET 2020. It includes defense, sports, anglo-Indian, physically-abled and other candidates. We listed the reserved seats for the special reservation categories here:
|Reservation Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Kannada Medium Contenders||5% of Government Seats|
|Special Category for Sports Candidates||Not applicable|
|Candidates from Rural Areas||15% of Government Seats|
|Scouts and Guides||Not Applicable|
|NCC Category||Not Applicable|
|Defence Employees of Karnataka||10% of seats in all Engineering Colleges|
|Supernumerary Category||Not Applicable|
|Migrants from Jammu and Kashmir||Single Seat Reserved in Every Engineering College|
|Physically Challenged||Not Applicable|
|SC/ST/OBC Category – 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B||Not Applicable|
KCET Seat Allotment 2020
The candidates are eligible for the seat allotment process only if they register and attend for the entire counselling procedure.
KCET 2020 Counselling FAQs
The examinees may have numerous questions in their minds during the KCET 2020 Counselling process. Check out the frequently asked questions given below:
How Many Counselling Rounds are there in KCET?
The concerned authorities will conduct the counselling rounds based on the available seats and the number of selected candidates. The officials will organize a total of 2 rounds of counselling. Apart from this, they will conduct a special round and an extension round to the second round.
What are the Documents Required for KCET Counselling?
The candidates need to submit some of the important documents at the time of KCET 2020 counselling. Some of them include KCET admit card, fee payment acknowledgment, application form copy, study certificate, 10th, and 12th class certificates. Besides these, they also need passport size photos of the candidate and other important documents. Ensure that you carry the originals as well as copies of the aforementioned certificates.
Explain Supernumerary Quota in the KCET Counselling?
In this case, the contenders will belong to the General category. If his/her family's annual income is below 6 lakhs will fall under the Supernumerary Quota. In this particular quota, 5 percent of the seats will be reserved in each course and institute.
We hope this complete information about KCET Counselling 2020 has given enough knowledge for the examinees. If you still have doubts and queries about KCET Counselling, just ask us in the comments space. For the updates regarding seat allotment and other educational details, bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN. Stay tuned to this website. Please visit our website again and again to get up-to-date information.