Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) every year conducts Karnataka Common Entrance Test on a grand note. The exam is a state level exam and so aspirants from all corners of the state willing to secure admission into professional courses take part in it. The exam authority has released KCET Application Form 2020 and so aspirants are advised to go fill the application form before the due date. Contenders should only apply for the KCET exam if they have the eligibility criteria as per the norms of the exam body.
KCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates willing to appear for the KCET exam 2020 are advised to go through the official notification released by the KEA. The notification hosts all the essential details about the admissions and so students must check with them to find out if they satisfy all the requirements set by the exam authority or not. If they have everything perfectly in match with the requirements posted by the KEA then without any second thought they can apply. On the other hand, if they do not satisfy even one of the requirements, they are not considered eligible to apply for the entrance test. So candidates must check with the requirements and then apply accordingly. The application forms shall be accepted starting from 4th week of January 2020.
Candidates must fill the KCET 2020 Application Form only through online mode. The online application forms are already made available in the official website of KEA for access. Eligible aspirants without further ado should go check with the notification first and if they have all the criteria as required by the authority can fill the application form immediately. The application forms shall be accepted through online mode by the exam authority. Candidates should submit the forms before the last date to avoid last minute tensions. After the deadline the authority shall not accept the application forms no matter what. In the notification you can also find the courses offered by the university and then apply suitably.
Important Dates of KCET Application Form 2020
Before heading to fill the application form for the KCET exam 2020, candidates must ensure the dates first. The dates play a key role especially for the entrance exams and so we are here with all the important dates in detail for you. You can check the dates from here or you can visit the official website and download the original notification uploaded by the exam body to check the dates. For now check the KCET exam dates 2020 before filling the KCET Application Form.
|Dates 2020 (Tentative)
|Application form submission starts from
|4th week of January
|Last date to submit application forms
|1st week of March
|Last date to pay the application fee
|1st week of March
|3rd week of March
|Admit card will be available starting from
|2nd week of April
|KCET Examination Date
|3rd week of April
|Result release date
|Last week of May
|Counselling starts from
|2nd week of June
You can find all the tentative dates of the KCET exam here in this article in the above table. We shall update the table if the authority has made any changes to the dates.
KCET Application Fee
The KCET application fee is different for different categories of students. Candidates can pay the application fee both in online and offline modes. NRI’s can also apply for this exam and the application fee for the same needs to be submitted through DD drawn in favor of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority payable at Bangalore. The demand draft should be sent to KEA address with the application number on it. The application fee needs to be submitted before KCET Application Form 2020 Last Date. Check out the application fee here.
- For general candidates belonging to the categories like GM, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B should pay application fee of Rs. 500/-.
- SC/ST Category-1 & female candidates belonging to the state of Karnataka should pay Rs.250/-.
- Candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka have to pay Rs.750/-.
- Candidates residing outside India have to pay Rs. 5, 000/-.
KCET Eligibility Criteria
The KEA will only entrain applications from the eligible candidates. Even though if ineligible candidates apply, the application forms shall be rejected. Candidates need to fulfill all the requirements as prescribed by the exam body. The criteria that the applications of KCET exam 2020 should satisfy include:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India in order to apply for the KCET 2020.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply. However, they have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying exam at the time of counselling.
Applicants also need to satisfy the academic qualification in order to apply for the exam. Check out the academic qualification here.
- MBBS/BDS/Ayush courses – Applicants of these courses should have passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language subject with 50% aggregate marks in PCB.
- B.Arch – Applicants should have passed 12th/2nd PUC with Mathematics as one of the mandatory subjects with 50% aggregate marks in all subjects.
- B.Tech/BE – Applicants must have passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language and securing 45% aggregate marks in Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/Bio-technology/Biology/Electronic/Computer.
- B.V. Sc. & A.H. – Applicants must have passed 12th/2nd PUC with 50% aggregate marks in PCB & English.
- Pharma – Applicants must have passed 2ndPUC/12th with PCB or PCM with minimum of 45% of aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects OR have passed in Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution of PCI and have secured minimum of 45% marks.
How to Fill KCET Application Form 2020
To fill the KCET application form 2020, candidates need to first know the process to do it. Here in this article we have provided KCET Application Form Download process for you. You can check with it and apply for the entrance test after that.
Check out the steps to fill the application form online.
Step 1 – Online Registration
- Open the official website of KEA – kea.kar.nic.in.
- In the website click on the ‘New User “New User? Click Here to Register” link.
- The link will ask you to read the instructions and do that and then click on “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- As a part of registration enter your details as prompted in the page that include Citizen of India status, Karnataka 2nd PUC Examination 2020 appearing status, Candidate Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, DOB, Mobile Number, Email ID, User ID, Password, Security question, etc.
- Enter the security code and click on the “Submit” button.
- You are successfully registered.
Step 2 – Filling Details
- On successful registration you will see a login window on the screen.
- Enter your User ID and password and the security code and click on “Login” button.
- On successful login, the application form appears on the screen.
- Fill the application with appropriate details. The details include Candidate Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, DOB, Mobile Number, Email ID, Mother Tongue, Family Annual Income, Religion, Nationality, Category, Exam Center, etc.
- Candidates also need to fill the examination details like qualification examination, University/Board name, Karnataka 2nd PUC Examination 2020 appearing status, year of passing, etc.
- The next step is to enter the contact details like Address, State, District, Pin Code, Phone Number, J&K status, Special Category status, etc.
- If you have appeared for previous year CET exam enter the details like previous CET exam Number, Year of appearing, etc.
- Also enter the qualification details like Name, Address & Phone Number of the school, class studied, Year of Study, Year of passing of the qualifying examinations.
- After entering all the details appropriately, click on the “Save & Next” button.
Step-3 – Upload Images
In this step candidates should upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, left thumb impression and parent’s signature in JPG/JPEG formats.
- The size of the image should be between 5 KB to 40 KB.
- The signature image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- The photograph should be taken with white background and should be in passport size.
- Upload all the images as asked.
- Now accept the declaration and tick on the box.
- Click on “Submit” button and click on “OK” button.
Step-4: Fee Payment
- Candidates need to clear the application fee according to their category.
- Candidates can pay the fee through the challan of State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, Indian Bank, Axis Bank & SBI bank following which they need to download the challan form and deposit the fee at the respective bank.
- After the fee payment, candidates can make a hard copy of the application form by clicking on “Print Final Application”.
Candidates can also do the KCET Application Form Correction 2020 in the third week of March 2020 through online mode. Candidates will be given certain time by the authority and will be asked to edit the form for any corrections.
We have covered everything regarding KCET Application Form 2020 here. Hope your requirement is suffice. If so, please bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN. For queries feel free to comment below.