Vellore Institute of Technology has released official notification inviting applications from the interested contenders for the VITEEE 2020. Students who are willing to take part in the VITEEE can apply for the exam before the due date. Candidates need to fill in the application form by visiting the official website of VIT. Applicants should first satisfy the eligibility criteria in order to apply for VITEEE. The VITEEE Eligibility is given here for the students to check.
Table of Contents
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Students applying for VITEEE should first check the important dates and eligibility criteria to know if they qualify the criteria or not. Students who haven’t qualified the criteria will not be eligible to apply for the exam. So, the applicants need to check the criteria and only apply if they are eligible for it. Here in this article we have covered all the details regarding age limit, nationality, academic qualifications etc.
You can check the details and confirm if you satisfy the eligibility criteria or not. Applications from the candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria will not be entertained by the University. The VITEEE Eligibility Criteria for the NRI’s is also listed here in this article. So, check out the eligibility criteria in detail here.
Applicants should meet all the criteria set by VIT in order to apply for the entrance exam.
Applicants applying for VITEEE 2020 should have been born on or after July 1, 1998. Students need to note that the date of birth present in the 10th standard/SSC/High School certificate will only be considered by the university.
Not just the residents of India, but also the non-residents of the country are eligible to apply for VIT exam. The application form and procedure however is little different than the Indian nationals.
- Applicants applying for VIT exam 2020 should have academic qualification as framed by VIT University. Applicants should have minimum qualification of 10+2 from CBSE, ICSE or any state board. OR
- The candidate should have attempted any pre-University examination or intermediate through recognized board or University OR
- The candidate should have a high school certification from Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva OR
- The candidate should have General Certificate Education (GCE) from Cambridge/London/Sri Lanka with an advanced “A” level OR
- Students of The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) can also apply OR
- All those candidates who have pursued regular, formal and full time education are eligible for VITEEE 2020.
According to VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020, the marks required for the students in order to apply for VIT exam 2020 is as follows:
- Applicants should have pursued Maths/Biology, Chemistry and Physics in their 10+2 standard (or equivalent).
- Applicants belonging to general category should have secured 60% and above in Maths/Biology, Chemistry and Physics in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Applicants of SC/ST candidature should have secured 50% to apply for VITEEE.
- Applicants belonging to the North-East states should have also secured 50% and above in all the subjects.
Year of Passing
The year of passing of the applicants also falls under the eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2020. Applicants should have completed their qualifying examination or should be appearing for it in 2020.
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria for NRI Students
Candidates applying for VIT entrance exam from a foreign land also need to satisfy the eligibility criteria laid by the university.
- Applicants should have pursued their education in English medium school only.
- Applicants should have completed 10+2 years with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology.
- Applicants should have scored a minimum score of 60% in all of the subjects to apply for VITEEE.
- VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Admissions
Candidates who are applying for VIT Engineering Entrance Exam for this annual year are therefore suggested to read down every detail about the eligibility criteria as mentioned by us and apply only if they satisfy all the requirements of the university. Based on the applications submitted, the university will call the candidates to appear for the exams.
This is the updated VITEEE Eligibility Criteria that we have presented here. If the university releases any further updates about the criteria, we shall upgrade it here in our website KVPY.ORG.IN.