The Government of Maharashtra, State Common Entrance Test Cell is likely to begin MHT CET Counselling 2020 in June. The authorities will conduct the exam and declare the results online. Further, the officials will fix a date to organize the MHT CET counselling for all the selected candidates. The aspiring folks can check the accurate schedule here to take part in the counselling. We include the complete counselling process, seat allotment and more in this post. Have a look!
MHT CET Counselling 2020
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra organizes MHT CET Counselling for providing admissions to the aspirants. For those candidates who are willing to get admission into various courses will apply for the counselling. Once the applicants get their name in the selected list, they can attend the counselling session. The authorities of the test cell will release the MHT CET 2020 counselling and inform the same to the candidates.
The counselling dates will be different for the candidates based on their rank in the entrance test. On a specific date and time, the aspirants should visit the corresponding counselling venue. They need to carry the necessary certificates for verification purposes. The candidates can get to know the MHT CET counselling 2020 date included in this post.
MHT CET Counselling Dates 2020
The test cell hasn’t officially announced the MHT CET counselling dates 2020. Still, we have comprised the probable date for the commencement of the Counselling for the selected candidates. The Government is planning to organize the MHT CET 2020 counselling in June.
After considering the previous trends, we expect the Counselling may begin from 23rd June 2020. However, it is just the tentative date for the counselling process. Once the test cell officials issue the official date for the counselling, we will update this post.
MHT CET 2020 Counselling Fee
The candidates who have applied for MHT CET Counselling 2020 must pay specific counselling fee. To know the fee particulars, the candidates can check the tabular form below:
|Fee Details||Autonomous Government/ Government-Aided Institutes||Non-Autonomous Government Institutes|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 15000||Rs. 15000|
|Fee for Development||Rs. 32500||Rs. 5000|
|Other Fees||Rs. 26000||Rs. 4000|
|Total Counselling Fee||Rs. 73500||Rs. 24000|
Documents Required for MHT CET Counselling
Check the list of some of the essential documents or certificates necessary at the time of MHT CET counselling:
- MHT CET 2020 Admit Card
- 10th and 12th class Marks sheet and passing certificate
- MHT CET 2020 Result Card
- MHT CET 2020 Counselling Registration form
- Reservation Category Certificate
- Migration Certificate
Ensure that you carry all the aforementioned documents to the counselling venue on a specified date and time.
MHT CET Reservation Policy
The Government of Maharashtra, State Common Entrance Test Cell organizes the exam every year. It provides admissions to the candidates based on the marks and reservations of the aspirants. We included the reservation policy in this post. The reservations listed here will be applicable to the contenders only from the state of Maharashtra. They should also fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Check the tabular form of MHT CET Reservation policy given below:
|S. No.||Reservation Category||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|1.||Scheduled Castes and Schedule Caste converts to Buddhism [SC]||13%|
|2.||Other Backward Classes [OBC]||19%|
|3.||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes [SEBC]||16%|
|4.||Scheduled Tribes [ST]||7%|
|5.||Nomadic Tribes 2 [NT-C]||3.5%|
|6.||Vimukta Jati [VJ]/De Notified Tribes[DT] [NT-A]||3%|
|7.||Nomadic Tribes 1 [NT-B]||2.5%|
|8.||Nomadic Tribes 3 [NT-D]||2%|
MHT CET 2020 Counselling Procedure
Here is the complete explanation about the MHT CET counselling 2020 procedure. By checking this process, the candidates will be able to follow it and apply for the counselling. This process involves various phases such as registration, Scanning photos, payment of the counselling fee, reporting and more. Check the detailed guide below:
Step 1: Application for Counselling
- Initially, the candidates should apply or register for MHT CET 2020 Counselling online.
- For that, the aspirants need to enter some of the vital information in the respective fields.
- The candidates should fill the personal information, contact details and category in the application form.
- It includes the candidate’s name, gender, parents’ names, mother tongue, region and family’s annual income.
- In the contact details field, the applicants must enter the candidate’s address, mobile number and email id.
- The candidates need to choose the reservation category in the next field.
Step 2: Fill Candidate’s Qualification
- In the next step, fill the 10th and 12th class marks of the candidates.
Step 3: Upload Photos
- In this step, the applicants need to scan their photographs [Size of the file: 4KB to 100KB] and signature [1KB to 30KB].
- The scanned photo and signature should be uploaded.
Step 4: Payment of Counselling Fee
- The contenders should pay the counselling fee [mentioned above].
- One can make the payment through the online process.
- For those who have qualified in the MHT CET 2020 need not pay any sort of counselling fee.
- The contenders who are registering through JEE Main score should pay the MHT CET 2020 counselling.
Step 5: Hard Copy of the Form
- Once you are done with the payment process, you must take a hard copy of the application form.
- The candidates need to carry the form during the certificate verification process.
Step 6: Report at Counselling Venue
- The applicants need to report at the corresponding counselling venue for document verification.
- The candidates should produce the originals and copies of the necessary documents at the venue.
- The candidate who fails in reporting at the venue won’t be permitted to take part in the next rounds of admission.
Step 7: Filling Preferences
- In the next step, the applicants must fill their order of preferences i.e., courses and colleges.
- The candidates need to fill the maximum number of choices to increase their admission chances.
- Every time, the candidates have the chance to fill their choices after each round.
Step 8: Merit List Announcement
- The officials will release the final merit list of MHT CET 2020 Counselling on the official website.
- In the list, we can find the names of selected candidates.
- Based on the merit list and preferences of the candidates, the authorities will begin the seat allotment process.
MHT CET 2020 Seat Allotment
The authorities will organize the seat allotment process once the MHT CET counselling is done. The seat allotment will be conducted via a centralized admission process. In short, it is known as CAP. This process is done in online mode and carries out for about 3 rounds. The contenders will have the chance to view the seat allotment list online.
All they need to do is to log into the portal using crucial details. If the authorities have allocated a seat for a candidate, he or she should download the allotment letter. The contender must report at the college regarding their seat allocation. Once the candidate confirms their seat at the college, they can join the college. The authorities will prepare the seat allocation list based on the filled options, the merit of the candidate and the seat availability.
MHT CET Counselling FAQs
Check some of the frequently asked questions about MHT CET Counselling 2020 below:
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”What are Non-Cap Seats in MHT CET?” answer-0=”In MHT CET 2020, non-cap seats are referred to as the management quota seats. Such quota seats will be present in various colleges in Maharashtra state.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”How Many Counselling Rounds will be Conducted in MHT CET?” answer-1=”The officials will conduct a total of 3 counselling rounds in MHT CET 2020.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”Is MHT CET Counselling FEE Refundable?” answer-2=”Yes, the MHT CET counselling fee will be refunded to the candidates in just 2 weeks to their bank account.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]
We presume that this information is enough for you to proceed with your MHT CET Counselling 2020. If you still have doubts about this post, ask us in the comments space. For the latest updates on MHT CET 2020, bookmark our website KVPY.ORG.IN.