Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research geared up to start IISER Counselling 2020 in the first week of June. The aspirants who are called by the institute need to attend the counselling process. For the candidates searching for IISER 2020 Counselling details, here is the detailed information. We have come up with the schedule and the counselling procedure with proper details. So, aspirants please go through the post thoroughly and get an overview.
IISER 2020 Counselling
Candidates who are willing to join in various Dual Degree courses will write a national level entrance test. The institutes will conduct the IISER Counselling for three different channels. The channels include SCB, KVPY, and JEE. The process of counselling for all the three channels are the same. Here, we have a detailed schedule for IISER counselling 2020 and the seat allotment process. Candidates who are qualified in the aptitude test will be selected by the institute. The institute will prepare the merit list of shortlisted candidates and releases online.
All the selected candidates can register for the upcoming IISER 2020 Counselling via online mode. The candidates need to fill up the application form for counselling. Once the candidates get a call from the officials, they need to attend the counselling for verification of documents. They need to appear for the counselling process in person during certificate verification. The aspirants must enter their preferred choices i.e., colleges and courses in the respective spaces and confirm the web options. The contenders who have taken up the IISER Aptitude test and qualified will get admissions into one of the three channels. We listed the three channels of IISER in this post.
IISER Admissions Through KVPY Channel
KVPY channel is the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana channel. The aspirants must have a valid KVPY fellowship starting from the academic year 2020-21. Such candidates are eligible to register for IISER Admissions through the KVPY channel. Another criterion is also applicable for the candidates who secured marks in 12th board examination.
IISER Admissions Through JEE Advanced Channel
JEE-Advanced is the Joint Entrance Examination channel. This channel is one of the Indian Institutes of Technology in the country. The aspirants belonging to the General category and secured a rank below 10000 in JEE Advanced 2020 exam are eligible. They need to get rank less than 10000 in CRL [i.e., Common Rank List]. Another applicable criterion is the candidates securing good marks in the 10+2 exam.
IISER Admissions Through SCB Channel
SCB is the acronym for State and Central Boards Channel. The candidates who finished 10+2 in the stream of science in 2019/2020 are eligible to apply for IISER admissions. Also, they must have taken part in IAT 2020. Such candidates can get admissions into degree programmes provided they should get the cutoff mark as mentioned by the board. The aspirants who are seeking to apply through the SCB channel must take up the IISER Aptitude Test. This test will be organized across different venues in the nation.
Through these channels, the candidates can get admission into any of their preferred degree courses in IISER 2020. The authorities will consider all these elements before providing admission to a candidate into IISER.
Documents Required for IISER Counselling 2020
The ambitious students need to produce the originals and the xerox copies of necessary certificates at the counselling venue. Check the list of essential documents that are required for verification purposes.
- IISER 2020 Counselling Letter
- 10th and 12th Class Marks sheet alongside the certificates
- Passport size photo of the candidate
- DD [Demand Draft]
- Admit Card of IISER, KVPY and JEE Advanced exams
- Reservation Category [Applicable for specific category candidates]
- Latest passport size color photograph
- Score/Rank card of IISER, KVPY and JEE Advanced exams
- Counselling Letter [Original and Xerox copy]
IISER Counselling Fee 2020
The candidates need to pay the IISER Counselling fee as per the norms and conditions of the institute. As per the official notification, the candidates need to pay SAF i.e., Seat Acceptance Fee. This particular fee should be paid for confirming the seat in a specific college. By paying this fee, the candidates confirm their seats in their preferred institute.
- For General/OBC-NCL/EWS Category Candidates, the seat acceptance fee [SAF] is Rs. 35000.
- For SC/ST/KM/PWD Category Candidates, the seat acceptance fee is Rs. 22500.
IISER 2020 Counselling Procedure
Here is an in-depth explanation that helps the candidates to understand the process of IISER Counselling 2020.
Step 1: Registration
- At first, the candidates have to register for IISER Counselling online on the official website.
- To do so, the candidates have to enter their details such as Application Number, Roll Number, and Date of Birth.
- Without registration, the candidates are not allowed for attending the counselling process.
Step 2: Entry of Choices
- The next step towards counselling is submitting their college and branch choices.
- The candidates can fill their choices online for specific courses in different institutions given in the list.
- After choosing the preferences, the candidates can lock their choices.
- This process should take place in online mode before the scheduled date.
- Changes or any corrections should be done before the last date of entering the options.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- Once the choice filling completes, the candidates have to wait a few days for the seat allotment results.
- Based on the rank, choices filled and availability of seats, the contenders will get the seat.
- Depending on the seat availability, seats are allotted for the eligible candidates.
- Seat allotment letters can be downloaded from the official website.
- Candidates can see whether a seat has been allotted or not from the official site itself.
Step 4: Reporting at the Allotted Institute
- Finally, report at the allotted colleges with all the necessary documents mentioned in the allotment letter.
- Along with the documents, the candidates must pay a prescribed amount of tuition fee at the allotted institute.
- Candidates who don’t confirm their seat within the stipulated time, they can’t take part in further rounds of counselling.
Step 5: Fee Payment
- The aspirants must pay a non-refundable seat acceptance fee. It is otherwise known as SAF.
- The contenders need to pay this fee to lock the seat or web option.
IISER Participating Institutes
Here is a list of the institutes that participate in IISER Counselling 2020. The hopeful candidates can select their preferences from this list. Check the list of IISER participating institutes furnished below in the tabular form:
|S. No.||Name of the Institutes Participating in IISER 2020||Seats Intake [Roughly]|
|1.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur||100|
|2.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal||260|
|3.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Kolkata||200|
|4.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali||200|
|5.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Tirupati||125|
|6.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune||200|
|7.||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram||200|
We hope this post has given enough information about IISER Counselling 2020. For more updates on the counselling process and schedule, candidates can visit this site from time to time. Here we will post all the updates that we get regarding IISER counselling from official sources. To get the latest updates about entrance exams, counselling and results, bookmark this website – KVPY.ORG.IN.