Karnataka Examination Authority has scheduled to conduct the Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020 in August. This authority holds the responsibility in organizing the counselling procedure in the state. The concerned officials will begin the counselling session post the declaration of the PGCET result 2020. After the counselling session, the shortlisted candidates will get admissions into various M.Tech, MBA, MCA and other courses. In this post, you will get to know the complete details about the counselling process, required documents, seat allotment and more. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020
- Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
- Documents Required for Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020
- Karnataka PGCET Counselling Procedure
- Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Help Centres List
- Karnataka PGCET Seat Allotment 2020
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020
Karnataka Examinations Authority will conduct the PGCET entrance exam 2020 every year in July. After the completion of the exam and the result declaration, the concerned authorities will begin the counselling process. The officials will conduct the counselling session in a total of 2 rounds. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Karnataka PGCET counselling at the allotted venues. During the session, the selected candidates must carry a few required documents for the verification process. For the unaware candidates, we included a detailed guide on how to apply for Karnataka PGCET 2020 counselling. On the official website of Karnataka Examinations Authority i.e., at kea.kar.nic.in, the candidates can apply for the counselling.
The counselling session of PGCET comprises various segments. Each segment is very crucial as it directs the candidates towards the admissions. The highly aspiring candidates seeking to get admission into various post-graduation courses need to appear for the session. Once the candidates access their result from the official website, they can check the merit list. If they find their name and application number in the merit list, they are said to be qualified. All the qualified candidates in the entrance test need to wait until the declaration of the counselling schedule. To know the precise Karnataka PGCET counselling 2020 dates, the candidates are advised to visit the official website. This article gives you complete information about the counselling process and list of help centres.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
The counselling schedule is truly essential for the aspirants to know the allotted venue where the documents are verified. The concerned authorities will inform the contenders regarding the counselling venues based on their ranks. Depending on the rank, the candidates will be called on a specific date and time for counselling. Once the candidates find the counselling venue, they will also be able to know the counselling schedule. The Karnataka PGCET counselling 2020 dates will be issued by the concerned officials. The ambitious candidates can check the timetable for the counselling on the official website.
As of now, the officials of Karnataka Examinations Authority hasn’t announced the counselling schedule. Due to the critical situation being faced by many people in the nation, the authorities have delayed the exam schedule. As a result, the counselling schedule has been postponed. However, considering the previous trends, we expect the Karnataka PGCET counselling will begin from the last week of August 2020. The tentative commencement date of Karnataka PGCET Counselling is 27th August 2020.
From rank 1 to 1700, the officials will conduct the counselling session. The officials will inform the reporting time for certain rank numbers in the morning session. The complete session of the counselling will be done in 4 sessions till evening. Based on the number of qualified candidates, available seats and other factors, the officials will carry out the counselling rounds. Usually, the authorities will conduct a total of 2 rounds of counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2020. If the seats are still available and the qualified candidates aren’t allotted any seats, they will conduct another round. Know the precise counselling schedule alongside the events in the below tabular form.
|PGCET Counselling Events||Tentative Schedule|
|Counselling Starts from||4th week of August 2020|
|Document Verification||Final week of August 2020|
|First Counselling Round|
|Seat Matrix Display||4th week of August 2020|
|Web options entry for qualified candidates||1st week of September 2020|
|Release date of Mock allotment list||Initial week of September 2020|
|Chance to alter web options||1st week of September 2020|
|Announcement of First round of seat allotment||2nd week of September 2020|
|Exercise institute and course choices by the allotted candidates||2nd week of September 2020|
|Admission fee payment and download the admission order||2nd week of September 2020|
|Due date to report at the allotted college||2nd week of September 2020|
|Second Counselling Round|
|Seat Matrix Display||3rd week of September 2020|
|Web options entry for qualified candidates||3rd week of September 2020|
|Seat allotment list||3rd week of September 2020|
|Admission fee payment and download the admission order||3rd week of September 2020|
|Due date to report at the allotted college||Final week of September 2020|
Documents Required for Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020
The contenders who are qualified in the PGCET entrance exam can participate in the counselling events. The main segment in the Karnataka PGCET 2020 counselling process is document verification. The candidates need to carry the originals and the attested copies of the required documents to the allotted venue. After the verification of the necessary certificates, the authorities will provide admission to them. Not all the qualified candidates will get admission into the college. Only the eligible candidates will be given admission into the college after considering their preferences. We provided the list of essential documents that must be carried to the counselling venue below. Check it out!
- 10th class marks sheet or SSLC
- 12th class marks sheet or 2nd PUC
- Qualifying degree marks sheet of all semesters
- Scorecard of the qualifying exam i.e., Karnataka PGCET 2020
- Caste certificate of the examinee
- Printout of the online application form of PGCET 2020
- Admit card of the entrance exam
- Counselling fee payment challan
- 2 passport size photos
- Study certificate of the applicant
- GATE exam scorecard
Instructions for Karnataka PGCET Document Verification
The aspirants need to check some of the vital instructions regarding Karnataka PGCET 2020 document verification. During the verification of the certificates, these instructions will be helpful for the candidates. We furnished the list of instructions below:
- The qualified candidates must produce all the required documents to the allotted counselling venue. We have already mentioned the documents that are necessary for this segment.
- If the candidates don’t carry the required documents, the verification process won’t be finished for that candidate. In that case, those candidates won’t be able to exercise web options. Such contenders won’t be considered during the admission process.
- The candidates must ensure that they have attended the counselling help centre on the allotted date and time.
- To get the document verification done, the candidates must and should visit the corresponding helpline venue physically.
- Once the verification is finished, the candidates shouldn’t forget to take the verification slip. They need to check all the details present on the receipt before coming out of the helpline centre. If you find any discrepancy on the slip, inform the same immediately to the concerned officials.
- In case, the candidate hadn’t received his or her degree marks sheet of all semesters, they can bring the HOD’s seal and signature. It indicates that the candidates have passed the degree examination.
- During the seat allotment, the candidates can cancel the allotted seat in the first round. They need to inform the officials before the last date of filling the web options in the second round.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling Procedure
Get to know the in-depth procedure that helps you to understand the PGCET Counselling in Karnataka state. We included a step-by-step procedure involving the crucial segments of the counselling.
Step 1: Online Application process
- At first, the candidates must visit the help centre to apply for the Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020.
- The officials of KEA will establish help centres in the state to carry out the registration and counselling process.
- During the registration process, the contenders must fill crucial details in the application form.
- After submitting the form, they need to attach the scanned copies of their documents and photos as well.
Step 2: Verification of Required Documents
- The next segment in the counselling process is document verification.
- The candidates must visit the allotted counselling venue for taking part in the verification process.
- The qualified candidates should carry the essential documents to the venue.
- After the completion of the verification, they can get the acknowledgement slip. It indicates that the whole verification process is finished.
Step 3: Choice Filling Online
- After that, the candidates are prompted to fill their preferred courses and colleges online.
- During this process, the aspirants can choose their desired course and college in a specific order of preference.
- Before the deadline, the contenders must lock their preferences.
Step 4: Mock Seat Allotment
- The officials will conduct a mock round of seat allotment to make the candidates accustomed to the seat allotment process.
- In this round, the aspirants have a chance to change their choices based on the mock allotment result.
- However, the candidates need to keep in mind that the mock allotment is not the final seat allocation by the officials.
Step 5: Actual Seat Allotment
- The concerned authorities will allot the seats based on the choice of the candidates.
- If the candidates are not willing to go with that institute, they can apply for the next round.
- Based on the number of counselling rounds, the number of seat allotment rounds will be carried out.
Step 6: Reporting
- At last, the candidates who got a seat in the admission process need to report at that college.
- Before the due date, the aspirants are advised to report at the allotted college.
- During the reporting process, the candidates must carry their provisional seat allotment letter.
- The aspirants can download the seat allotment letter from the official website.
That’s all! This is the complete Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling procedure.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Help Centres List
Karnataka Examinations Authority will conduct the Karnataka PGCET counselling 2020 at various allotted help centres across the state. The candidates will be informed about the counselling venues based on the rank of the candidate. The conducting body of the counselling will commence the session as per the schedule. In this post, we furnished the list of Karnataka PGCET 2020 counselling help centres. Check it out!
In the list of cities mentioned in this post, the officials will conduct the Karnataka PGCET Counselling. The candidates can find the precise address details of the helpline centres of counselling on the official website.
Karnataka PGCET Seat Allotment 2020
The concerned authorities will release the seat allotment result on the official website. The officials will allot the seats to the eligible folks based on the merit in PGCET/GATE exam 2020. The authorities also consider the reservation category and the web options filled by the candidate during the counselling. After allotting seats to the qualified contenders in GATE, the remaining seats will be allotted to the PGCET qualified candidates. The allocation of the seats will be done on the reservation criteria of Karnataka PGCET 2020. The candidates have the choice to cancel their seat if they are not willing to join the college. Such candidates can move to the next round of counselling. The officials will conduct a mock seat allotment, 1st and 2nd rounds of the seat allotment as per the schedule.
That’s all! This is all you need to know about Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020. If you still have doubts on this topic, just ask us in the comments section. Stay tuned to our website to get the latest updates about the Karnataka PGCET Counselling, seat allotment process and more. Bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN to receive the latest notifications about various exams and results.