Cochin University of Science and Technology is all set to begin the CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020 in July. The concerned authorities have planned to commence the registration process for the counselling session. After releasing the merit list of the selected candidates, the authorities will call the qualifiers to attend the counselling. The qualified contenders must take part in various levels of counselling to get admission into CUSAT colleges. Get to know more details about the CUSAT CAT counselling procedure, schedule, seat allotment procedure and more. Have a look!
Table of Contents
- CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020
- CUSAT CAT Counselling Schedule
- Documents Required for CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Fee Structure
- CUSAT CAT Reservation Policy
- CUSAT Counselling 2020 Procedure
- CUSAT CAT Seat Allotment 2020
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling FAQs
CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020
The Cochin University conducts the Common Admission Test every year for all the applicants at various exam venues. Once the result declaration is done, the candidates can check their score. The candidates who secure a minimum qualifying score in the test will be eligible for the CUSAT CAT counselling. The qualified contenders need to register for the counselling in online mode. On the official website, the aspirants can apply for counselling by filling vital details. The counselling session for CUSAT CAT 2020 involves various levels such as the registration, web option filling, seat allotment, and more. During the counselling process, the candidates also require some of the essential documents. The documents are necessary at the time of the verification process.
The candidates will be eligible for the next rounds of counselling only after successful verification of the certificates. The entry of web options is another important phase in the entire process of counselling. The contenders must select their preferred list of courses and colleges on the web. At the time of the seat allotment, the officials will allocate a seat and institute to the candidate. The concerned authorities will consider various factors during the seat allocation process. Some of the vital factors include merit of the examinee, rank obtained in the test, seat availability and preferences. Once the seat is allocated, the candidates must confirm the seat by reporting at the institute. To know the complete CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling procedure, just scroll down through this post.
CUSAT CAT Counselling Schedule
The University officials will release the complete schedule for conducting the CUSAT CAT Counselling. Based on the total number of ranks acquired by the candidates, the officials will release the schedule. It also decides the total number of counselling rounds for the CUSAT CAT Admissions 2020. Usually, the officials will announce the time table for the counselling session after the result announcement. Every year, the University discloses the counselling dates in June. We expect the counselling session might begin in the 2nd week of July. Due to the nationwide lockdown amid COVID-19 pandemic, the exams and results have been postponed. Eventually, the counselling session will be delayed to at least a month further. Check the complete CUSAT CAT Counselling schedule given below:
|Counselling Events||Counselling Schedule [Tentative]|
|Rearrangement of Options for CUSAT CAT Counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Lateral Entry Option Registration Begins||3rd week of June 2020|
|End of the Counselling Registration Process||4th week of June 2020|
|Commencement of CUSAT CAT Counselling Process||1st week of July 2020|
|The first round of Seat Allotment Procedure||2nd week of July 2020|
|Due Date for the Fee Payment||2nd week of July 2020|
|Document Verification for Shortlisted Candidates||3rd Week of July 2020|
Documents Required for CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020
The candidates must produce various certificates at the time of attending the CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020. We furnished the list of required documents during the counselling session. Check it out!
- CUSAT CAT Application form print out
- Admit Card of CUSAT CAT 2020
- 10th and 12th class marks sheet and pass certificate
- Conduct and transfer certificate from the last studied school or college
- Reservation Category Certificate for SC and ST Candidates
- Physically Handicapped Certificate for PH Candidates
- Migration Certificates for the students from a different state university
- 4 Passport size photos of the Candidate
- Sports Certificate for getting admission through sports quota
- OEC Certificate for candidates to claim their OEC status to get a concession in the fee
CUSAT CAT 2020 Fee Structure
Check the details regarding the fee structure at the CUSAT college for admissions through CAT 2020. We provided the fee structure for the students seeking to get admissions into various B.Tech regular courses.
|S. No.||Course Name||Fee Category||Tuition Fee/Sem||Other Fee|
|1||CS, ECE, IT||State Merit [GEN /SEBC]||21275||5435|
|All India Merit||39510||15850|
|2||Instrumentation Technology||GEN/ SEBC||14585||4275|
|3||Civil, EE, Safety & Fire, Me||State Merit [GEN/ SEBC]||21275||5915|
|All India Merit [GEN/ SEBC]||39510||16330|
|4||5-Year Integrated MSc Photonics||GEN/ SEBC||18240||4275|
|5||Polymer Science & Engineering||GEN/ SEBC||9725||4275|
CUSAT CAT Reservation Policy
The officials of the University will follow a specific reservation policy at the time of the admission process. It gives preference to the reservation candidates of the state. Check the reservation criteria for CUSAT CAT 2020 admissions given below:
|S. No.||Reservation Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|1||All India Merit Seats [For Keralite and Non-Keralite]||40%|
|2||Non-Resident Indian Seats [NRI]||10%|
|3||State Merit Seats [For Keralites]||50%|
|4||All India Quota [AIQ]||10%|
CUSAT Counselling 2020 Procedure
Check the in-depth guide that explains the complete procedure of CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020 explained below:
Step 1: Online Registration
- The initial step is the registration process for CUSAT CAT Counselling in online mode.
- The candidates must fill the necessary details at the time of the application process on the official website.
- Once the registration process is done, the candidates will get a user id and password.
- The candidates must preserve the login credentials to access the portal next time.
Step 2: Filling Preferred Web Options
- The next phase is the entry of preferred courses and colleges in online mode.
- The candidates are facilitated to choose their desired branches and institutes’ list on the official website.
- After that, they need to save the choices and lock them finally.
- Even if the candidate forgets to lock the choices, the options will be locked automatically.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- In the next step, the candidates will be allotted a seat based on various factors.
- The officials will consider the rank, merit, seat availability and locked web options to allocate a seat.
- Later, the candidates can check their allotted seat on the official website.
Step 4: Admission Fee Payment
- The candidates must pay the necessary fee as the admission fee to confirm the allotted seat.
- If the payment is incomplete till the last date, the seat will be cancelled.
Step 5: Reporting
- After successful allocation of the seat, the candidates must confirm it by reporting at the institute.
- During this process, the candidates must pay the admission fee.
- Another important point to be noted is that the candidates must download the provisional seat allotment letter.
Step 6: Document Verification
- In this phase, the candidates must carry some of the required documents for verification.
- The candidates are advised to produce the originals and the attested copies of the documents to the allotted college.
- The aspirants can join the college soon when the officials begin the classes.
That’s all! This is the overall process of CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling.
CUSAT CAT Seat Allotment 2020
The CUSAT CAT 2020 seat allotment procedure is done based on vital factors. The officials will consider different factors before allotting a seat to the candidate. It includes the candidate’s rank, merit in the test, availability of the seat. Another major criterion is their preferred choices filled online. Considering all the aforementioned factors, the concerned authorities will allocate a seat in the institute. The candidates must report at the institute before the deadline by paying the admission fee. They must take part in the document verification process after the seat allotment is done. The candidates must download their seat allotment letter and carry the same to the institute.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling FAQs
The candidates who are about to participate in the CUSAT CAT Counselling may have a lot of doubts. To clear all your queries, we included the answers for some of the frequently asked questions. Check it out!
What are the Documents Required for the CUSAT CAT Counselling?
The candidates must carry some of the important documents for the CUSAT CAT Counselling. It includes the admit card of the test, application form, community, nativity, 10th and 12th class marks sheet and more.
How Can I Check My CUSAT CAT Seat Allotment?
The candidates can visit the official website of the University and check the seat allotment list. The officials will publish the complete seat allotment list online. Using the application number and password, the aspirants can access the seat allotment letter and download it online.
How Many Seats are Available in CUSAT CAT?
The number of seats available for the candidates in CUSAT CAT depends on the courses. There are 45 seats each for CSE, ECE, EEE, IT, Civil and Mechanical Engineering at the Cochin University of Engineering Kuttanad. The seat matrix varies from one college to the other college and also depends on the number of courses offered.
That’s all! This is everything you need to understand about the CUSAT CAT Counselling 2020. We assume this post has given enough details about the fee structure, required documents for counselling and more. Stay tuned to this website to receive the latest updates about the seat allotment details. To get the up-to-date information about the upcoming exams, schedule and results, bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN.