Admission Committee for Professional Courses is all set to commence the GUJCET Counselling 2020 in May. Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board will conduct the GUJCET entrance exam to all the aspirants. Once the exam is done, the concerned committee will conduct the counselling process. The candidates who are qualified in the entrance test are only eligible for the counselling. In this post, we have included the counselling procedure, required documents and more. Check it out!
Table of Contents
- GUJCET Counselling 2020
- GUJCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
- GUJCET 2020 Reservation Policy
- Documents Required for GUJCET 2020 Counselling
- GUJCET Counselling Procedure 2020
- GUJCET Counselling 2020 FAQs
GUJCET Counselling 2020
Every year, ACPC conducts the GUJCET Counselling for all the qualified candidates. After the completion of the state-level entrance test, the officials will prepare the merit list. The merit list comprises the names of the selected candidates. The authorities will select the candidates based on the qualifying mark they secured in the test. Further, the qualified candidates can apply for the counselling procedure online from the official website. To take part in GUJCET Counselling, the aspirants must visit the particular branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank. The candidates need to pay Rs. 350 to get the information booklet alongside a 14-digit PIN.
The interested aspirants seeking to pursue various Engineering and Pharmacy courses will take up GUJCET 2020 exam. Counselling is the second phase of the GUJCET admission process. ACPC is the official body that conducts the GUJCET 2020 Counselling to the ambitious qualified students. The authorities of ACPC conduct the counselling process in online mode. During the counselling of GUJCET 2020, the contenders need to fill their preferred choice of courses and colleges. Before the due date, the candidates need to submit their preferred web options online to ACPC. At the time of the seat allotment, the relevant officials will consider the choices of the aspirants.
Another key segment in the GUJCET Counselling is document verification. The contenders must carry necessary documents to the allotted counselling venue. The concerned officials will verify the documents and wrap up the verification procedure. The entire counselling phase is highly crucial to the aspirants as they need to fill their preferred choices online. Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, the contenders must report at the allotted institute before the deadline. By reporting at the college, the aspirants will be able to lock their seat in that institute. Get the in-depth counselling procedure in this post.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
The officials of the concerned body will announce the GUJCET 2020 counselling schedule on the official website. The authorities will announce the dates and ask all the qualified candidates to attend the counselling session. Based on seat availability, the total number of candidates and ranks, ACPC will decide the number of counselling rounds.
After the completion of the exam, the candidates are often advised to check the official website of the relevant authority for the counselling schedule. Currently, we don’t have any updates about the accurate GUJECT Counselling. However, we have included the tentative schedule for the counselling process. In this post, we mentioned the expected datesheet for the entrance exam counselling. Check it out below!
|GUJCET Counselling Events||Dates [Tentative]|
|ACPC Information Booklet Availability Date alongside the PIN||Last week of May 2020|
|Submission of Application Forms with essential documents at the allotted help centers||1st week of June 2020|
|Issuance of the provisional merit list||2nd week of June 2020|
|Web options filling for mock counselling round||3rd-week of June 2020|
|Release Date of Mock Counselling Round Allotment||3rd week of June 2020|
|Release Date of Final Merit List||3rd week of June 2020|
|Round 1 of web options entry and editing option||4th week of June 2020|
|Round 1 of seat allotment||4th week of June 2020|
|Changing the preferred choices in the second round||1st week of July 2020|
|2nd Round of Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2020|
|Commencement of the academic classes||3rd week of July 2020|
GUJCET 2020 Reservation Policy
The candidates who fall under the special categories can check the GUJCET 2020 reservation policy. In this post, we included the same in the tabular form.
|Reservation Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste [SC]||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe [ST]||15%|
|Socially and Economically Backward Classes [SEBC] alongside orphans and widows of any category||27%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|Children of Ex-Servicemen and Defense Employees||1%|
|Physically Disabled Category||3%|
Documents Required for GUJCET 2020 Counselling
During the document verification process of GUJCET counselling, the contenders must carry a few essential documents. Ensure that you carry the originals as well as the attested copies of all the documents. Check the list of required certificates that must be produced at the allotted counselling venue. We furnished the list below:
- 10th and 12th class marks sheet
- GUJCET Result or scorecard
- Caste Certificate
- School leaving certificate of the candidate
- PWD certificate of the candidate [if applicable]
- Photocopy of the candidate
- Reservation category certificate for economically weaker community candidates
- Ex-servicemen certificate [if applicable]
GUJCET Counselling Procedure 2020
There are numerous phases in the GUJCET 2020 counselling. The key segments that are involved in the counselling procedure of the GUJCET 2020 exam include the following. We have given a detailed explanation of each phase of counselling below. Check it out!
Step 1: Information Booklet Purchase and PIN
- The first and foremost step is that the candidates must purchase the information booklet and PIN.
- It will be available at the specific branches of ICICI or Kotak Mahindra banks.
- The aspirants must purchase the information booklet as it is a mandatory document.
- At the time of the registration process online, the candidates need the PIN.
- The cost of the information booklet and PIN is Rs. 350. Remember that it is the non-refundable amount.
Step 2: Counselling Registration
- Once you are done with the purchase of the information booklet and PIN, jump to the registration process.
- Visit the official website of the board and apply for the counselling online.
- At the time of filling the application form, the candidates need to enter their personal, educational and other details.
- To log into the candidate’s portal, they need to use the GUJCET roll number as the user id.
- The candidates will get a new password that is generated online.
- After the completion of the application filling process, the contenders must take a print out of the same for further reference.
Step 3: Entry of Preferred Choices
- In this phase, the candidates are prompted to fill their preferred courses and colleges in online mode.
- Using the user id and password, the contenders can log into the official portal and enter the preferred choices.
- Once the candidates are done with filling the choices, they need to save all the choices.
- The authorities will provide a specific date for the candidates to modify the choices.
- After that, they can lock their choices and submit the same to the concerned authorities.
Step 4: Verification of documents
- At the allotted help centers, the officials will carry out the GUJCET 2020 Counselling process.
- During the process, the contenders must produce some of the necessary documents.
- After verifying the certificates [both original and xerox copies], the candidates will receive an acknowledgment slip with the signature and seal.
Step 5: Allocation of seats
- The officials of the board will release the final list of seats allotted to the candidates online.
- The candidates can check their allotted college and course.
- If the candidate isn’t interested in joining the college, they can further take part in the next rounds of counselling.
Step 6: Reporting and Admission
- This is the final phase in the GUJCET Counselling process. The candidates who were allotted with a specific college and course need to report at the institute before the last date.
- At the time of reporting, the contenders must pay a specific amount as the admission fee.
- By doing so, the candidates are said to locking their respective seats.
- The candidates must carry their documents that include the admission document, payment challan, and other documents.
That’s all! This is the complete procedure of GUJCET 2020 Counselling.
GUJCET Counselling 2020 FAQs
Usually, the candidates who are about to take part in GUJCET Counselling will have some queries in their mind. We thought of clarifying some of the doubts of the aspirants. In this post, we included the most commonly asked questions on the counselling process.
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h4″ question-0=”What is the Price of the GUJCET Information Booklet?” answer-0=”The price of the GUJCET information booklet is Rs. 350. The qualified candidates can get it at a specific branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h4″ question-1=”What is a Good Rank in GUJCET 2020?” answer-1=”The candidates who secure a rank below 391 are considered a good rank in GUJCET 2020 exam.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h4″ question-2=”How Do I Get GUJCET ACPC Booklet?” answer-2=”The interested candidates need to register themselves on the official website. From there, they can download the challan. The contenders need to make the payment through the challan to the designated bank. After the payment, the aspirants can get the ACPC booklet and online PIN. The aspirants can even get the booklet online from the official website. It is possible to download the booklet in PDF format.” image-2=”” headline-3=”h4″ question-3=”What is the Weightage for Class 12 Marks in GUJCET 2020?” answer-3=”A 60% weightage will be considered in the marks of the class 12 students during the GUJCET 2020 merit list preparation.” image-3=”” count=”4″ html=”true” css_class=””]
That’s it! This is everything you need to understand about the GUJCET Counselling 2020. We presume that this guide has helped you in grasping adequate information on the counselling process, required documents, reservation policy and more. If you still have queries on this topic, don’t hesitate to drop them in the comments block. We will give accurate answers to the known questions. Until then, we hope you bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN.