The Directorate of Technical Education, Goa has geared up to commence the GCET Counselling 2020 in the last week of June. The counselling session will begin soon after the result declaration of the entrance test. Based on the merit acquired by the candidate in the common entrance test, the contenders will be called for counselling. To know more about the counselling schedule, required documents and the procedure, just read out this post. We explained the counselling process in a detailed way here. Check it out!
Table of Contents
- GCET Counselling 2020
- GCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
- Documents Required for GCET Counselling
- GCET Counselling Procedure 2020
- Notable Points
GCET Counselling 2020
The conducting body of GCET 2020 examination will announce the schedule for GCET Counselling 2020 through the official website. The officials will declare the entrance test result. Soon after the declaration of the result, the counselling session will be commenced. The merit candidates are asked to apply for counselling. On a scheduled date and time, the counselling process will commence. The authorities will provide a seat to the candidates based on their merit, seat availability, preferences and more. The candidates seeking to get admission into various degree courses will take up this test. The counselling process for GCET 2020 will be done in offline mode. It means the candidates must attend the counselling session in person.
To take part in the GCET 2020 counselling, the candidates must apply for it by filling the application form. On the official website of the directorate, the candidates can get the admission form. Otherwise, the candidates can get the form at the designated venue in Goa. The candidates must fill various details in the application form. Based on their preferred course, the candidates must fill the form and wait for the admission. After filling the form, the candidates must submit it to the concerned authorities in person. For each course, the counselling officials will issue a separate merit list. Based on the merit list, the aspirants can take part in the counselling.
GCET 2020 Counselling Schedule
The concerned officials will release the complete GCET counselling date 2020 schedule on the official website. The aspirants can check it and act immediately to apply for the counselling. The officials have already released the complete schedule for the counselling session. But, the officials had to postpone the exam due to the ongoing lockdown imposed across the nation. The application form submission process scheduled to begin from 15th May 2020.
Due to the postponement, the exam has been cancelled. As of now, the officials haven’t announced the revised schedule for GCET counselling 2020. We expect the counselling might begin in the last week of June 2020. The officials will carry out two rounds of counselling to provide admissions to the aspirants. However, we advise our readers to stay tuned to this website to get the precise schedule for counselling.
Documents Required for GCET Counselling
The candidates whose name is on the merit list must carry some of the essential documents for GCET Counselling. Based on the performance and score obtained in the test, the contenders will be selected for counselling. During the GCET 2020 counselling, the candidates must produce required certificates. We listed the documents below. Check it out!
- GCET 2020 Admit Card of the Candidate
- 10th and 12th class marks sheet of the Examinee
- Transfer Certificate of the Contender from the last studied institute
- Caste Certificate [For reserved category candidates]
- GCET 2020 Acknowledgement Card
- Residence Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate of the Candidate
- Reservation Category Certificate of the Contender
The candidates must carry the originals and attested copies of all the documents aforementioned. Ensure that each document that you produce at the venue is valid. If the authorities find any issues with the document, their application will be forfeited.
GCET Counselling Procedure 2020
The eligible candidates can take part in the GCET 2020 counselling session by following the steps given below. The counselling procedure involves a series of rounds. By getting through each round, the candidates will reach the final admission round. Check the detailed guide furnished below:
Step 1: Registration Process [Offline]
- In the first step, the candidates must fill the application form manually for GCET counselling
- At the time of filling the form, the contenders must ensure they have entered all the details correctly.
- Some of the details include the registration number of GCET 2020 exam, candidate’s name, gender, GCET 2020 marks and more.
- The form must be filled with the category of the examinee, and GCET number [the unique id given to the applicants].
- Fill the contact details of the examinee for communication purpose.
- The candidates must attach 2 recent photos captured recently [best before 3 months from the date of filling the form].
- Another notable point is that the candidates must fill the form with their handwriting.
Step 2: Application Form Submission
- Once the applicants are done with filling the application form, they need to submit it at the designated DTE, Goa. It is situated at Porvorim or Ravindra Bhavan, Margao in Goa.
- The candidates must fill the form carefully without any typos.
- After the submission of the application form, the candidates will receive an acknowledgement slip and a receipt of counselling.
- The candidates must preserve the slips until the completion of the admission.
Step 3: Report at the Counselling Centre
- The aspiring contenders need to report at the allotted counselling venue on the scheduled date and time.
- The candidates will be informed about the venue at least a few days before the commencement.
- On that day, the aspirants are informed to carry required documents for verification purpose.
- Besides the required documents, the contenders must carry the acknowledgement slip and receipt.
- After the verification process, the candidates are asked to pay a specific amount as the counselling or admission fee.
Step 4: Seat Allocation
- The final step is the allotment of seats to the qualified contenders.
- The concerned authorities will take a few factors into consideration at the time of seat allotment.
- Depending on the exam score and other criteria, the officials will allot a seat.
- After the proper verification of the documents, the seat allotment will be done.
- The qualified candidates will get a provisional seat allotment letter from the concerned authorities.
- On the list, the candidates can find the allotted college, category, score, allotted course and others.
Step 5: Final Reporting at the allotted institute
- The candidates must produce the allotment letter at the allotted college for confirming the seat.
- The candidates must finish the reporting before the last date. Otherwise, the allotted seat will be cancelled.
Once the candidate has paid the admission fee at the allotted college must report at the institute. From the day of the admission granted, the candidate must report at the institute within 3 working days. Otherwise, the allotted seat will be cancelled. The admission fee paid by the candidate will be lost. Besides this, if the candidate fills incorrect information in the application form, the admission given to that contender will be cancelled.
That’s all! This is the complete process of GCET 2020 counselling. We hope this guide has given enough information about the counselling process, schedule and more. If you have any doubts about the required documents for verification, don’t hesitate to ask us in comments space. We advise you to bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN using the keys Ctrl + D. Until then, stay tuned to our website to get the latest updates about various exams, results and more.