KEA is all set to conduct the entrance test for the eligible candidates in and outside of the state and country soon. The exam has been scheduled to be held in the month of April this year. The application process kick starts in the last week of January 2020. Applicants willing to apply for KCET 2020 must check the KCET Eligibility 2020 before applying. The criteria needs to be satisfied by each and every applicant without fail.
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
KEA conducts the Common Entrance Test to identify the candidates that are qualified as well as merit enough to get admission into the university. Candidates are requested to go through the eligibility criteria set by the exam body before applying. This is because you cannot really apply until and unless you are aware of the criteria as it is the target set by the authority to cut out some of the applicants. By following the eligibility criteria, only the eligible applicants will apply for the entrance exam. Candidates will be given admissions into undergraduate engineering, pharmacy and ayush courses in the colleges affiliated to the Karnataka university.
The KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 includes educational qualification, minimum marks required, age limit, reservation criteria etc. Candidates need to check the eligibility norms clearly before applying for the exam. Here we have covered the KCET eligibility criteria in detail for you. You can check the criteria and apply only if you have satisfied all the norms.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India and domicile of Karnataka.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum of 50-60% marks from a recognized university.
- Candidates who are all set to appear in the qualifying exam (2nd PUC (Pre University Colleges)/ 12th boards) in 2020 and their result is awaited can apply for KCET 2020 but are only eligible if they have qualified the exam.
- Candidates seeking admission to medical, dental or ayush courses must qualify NEET.
- Candidates seeking admission to architecture courses should appear for NATA or JEE Mains Paper 2.
Check out the academic qualification here.
- MBBS/BDS/Ayush courses – Applicants must have passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language subject with 50% aggregate marks in PCB.
- Arch – Applicants must have passed 12th/2nd PUC with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects with 50% aggregate marks in all subjects.
- B.Tech/BE – Applicants must have passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language and obtaining 45% aggregate marks in Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/Bio-technology/Biology/Electronic/Computer.
- B.V. Sc. & A.H. – Applicants must have passed 12th/2nd PUC with 50% aggregate marks in PCB & English.
- Pharma – Applicants must have passed 2ndPUC/12th with PCB or PCM with minimum of 45% of aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects OR have passed in Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution of PCI and have secured minimum of 45% marks.
Other than the general and academic qualifications, candidates also need to satisfy the Eligibility Clause Code For KCET 2020, which is also called domicile criteria. The clause code varies with the place the applicant hails from. Applicants should be a resident of India and a domicile of the state. There are certain domicile norms set by KEA and each condition is called as a clause and is referred as a code. Applicants need to check with these KCET Eligibility Clauses 2020 before applying without miss. The eligibility changes from code to code. There are codes from A to O and applicants should be thorough with each of the clause and code to avoid any confusion while applying.
Well, this is the KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020 in detail that we are talking about. Hope your search resulted in a success with our info. If so, please bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN.