Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test shortly known as BITSAT is a prestigious entrance exam conducted in order to provide admissions into BITS, Pilani. The admissions will be given based on the merit of the students in the university level entrance test conducted by the institute. BITS Pilani has invited applications from the eligible and interested candidates to apply for the undergraduate programmes in its Hyderabad and Goa campuses. BITS Pilani has released the BITSAT Application Form 2020 through its official website. Candidates can visit the official website and download the application form from there. The process of filling the application form and registration details are updated in this article for you.
Bits Application Form 2020
For who have come new, BITSAT is an online exam conducted every year by BITS, Pilani in around 50 exam venues across the country. Candidates who have completed their intermediate education with good score are eligible to apply for this exam. The institute accepts applications only from those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria as said by the institute. The admit card that acts as a gate pass to take the exam will be released by the BITS only for the eligible applicants of BITSAT. Before applying for the exam, candidates need to register themselves with their details that include name, email id, date of birth, and gender. On successful registration, candidates need to proceed with form filling.
Students willing to take the under graduation entrance exam should fill up BITSAT Application Form by downloading it from online. The online applications will be made available online starting from the month of January and students can fill them up and submit them online before the end of March, which is the last date. Check out the BITSAT Important dates to know more. In the application form, candidates will be asked to enter their personal details along with academic details. Candidates should also upload the soft copies of their documents. Aspiring applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria first in order to know if they are eligible to take the test or not and then apply for the exam. The official website where you can find the application form and other important details is bitsadmission.com.
BISTAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Below is the eligibility criterion that students need to satisfy to apply for BITSAT 2020.
- Applicants of BITSAT should have qualified intermediate (10+2) from any of the state or central board or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry subjects for admission into First Degree integrated course except B.Pharm.
- Applicants of B.Pharm course should have passed the 12th examination or 10+2 exam from a recognized State or central board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics.
- Candidate should be proficient in English in order to get the admission from the university.
Eligible candidates, on filling the BITSAT Application Form 2020 and submitting it online successfully need to book a slot for themselves i.e., exam date, exam time and exam center. The university has given the authority of choosing all the three criteria to the students itself. However, the details once updated and confirmed by the candidate cannot be changed no matter what.
BITSAT Application Fee
To submit the application form, students need to pay the application fee first. The application fee is different for different category applicants. The fee to be paid for different categories is given below.
- The application fee for male candidates is Rs. 3150.
- Female candidates need to pay Rs. 2650 application fee.
- Candidates appearing for the exam in Dubai exam centre need to pay the application fee of Rs. 5696.
BISTAT 2020 Application Fee Payment Process
The website does not accept the application form sent without application fee. So, candidates need to make sure to pay the application fee either in online or offline modes in time along with submitting the form. Candidates should note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates paying through online can opt for Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card and PayTM. Candidates can pay through any of the debit or credit cards issued by Visa.
- Candidates opting for offline payment of the application fee should visit the nearest ICICI Bank to pay the fee. Candidates need to download the pay slips and deposit the money in the ICICI bank. Candidates should collect the payment receipt from the bank on successful depositing of money.
- Candidates living outside the country can pay through international debit or credit cards.
Documents required for filling BITSAT Application Form
Applicants of BITSAT 2020 should have the following documents in hand while applying for the exam.
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Credit/Debit Card
- Scanned Photograph of 4 to 50 KB in JPEG / JPG Format
- Scanned Signature of 1 to 30 KB in JPEG / JPG Format
How to Fill BITSAT Application Form 2020
For those who are new to this form filling and wants to fill in BITSAT 2020 Application Form, check out the process we are going to explain here. We have clearly given the step-by-step process of BITSAT application form filling. Check it out!
- Start by visiting the official admission website of BITSAT.
- Click on ‘New Registration’ link if you are registering for the first time or else opt for ‘Already Registered Candidates’ option if you have already registered earlier.
- Go through all the instructions and click on “Allow me to Apply Online” link.
- The link will open in a new page where you need to enter your details like Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email-Id.
- Enter the captcha shown and click on Proceed.
Application form filling
Once you are registered successfully, start filling the application form. In the application form, candidates need to fill in their personal details, academic details as well as contact details appropriately. The details include:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address of Communication
- Mobile Number / Landline Number
- Name of current school or attended school
- Name of the board exam
- Year of Appearing / Passing
- Choosing the subject between Biology / Mathematics
Now it is time to choose the exam centre in which candidates are willing to take the BITSAT exam. Candidates will be asked to choose any three test centers according to their convenience. However, students hailing from Dubai will have only one preference.
- After filling all the details go through the application one last time and then click “Confirm and Submit”.
- If you want to make any changes, immediately click on “Edit above Details” and do the needed.
On successful submission of BITS Pilani Application Form 2020, the application form number will be generated by the computer automatically that should be kept safe for future exam use.
Uploading scanned documents
We already discussed about the documents that are necessary to be uploaded while submitting the application form.
- Upload your scanned photo by clicking on ‘choose file’ option and then clicking on ‘Upload’ button.
- Also, upload the scanned signature in the said format.
- Click “Submit” to proceed for the next step.
BISTAT 2020 Fee Payment
Applications that are sent tagged with the application fee will only be accepted by the exam body. Candidates need to pay the application fee as directed by the authority or by us above in this article.
BITSAT Application Form Correction 2020
Candidates who have filled the Bits Pilani Application Form and are willing to make any changes to their application form will be given some time frame in which they need to complete it. Candidates need to login to the admission website of BITSAT using their application number and password to correct the form.
- Visit the admission portal of BITSAT.
- Click on the link that reads, “BITSAT Application Form Correction”.
- Enter your application number and password as prompted.
- Click on “Proceed” button.
- You will be allowed to edit the details in the application form. Edit the details and click on submit.
- Keep a copy of the printed form with you if necessary for future reference and use.
For those who are applying for BITSAT 2020, we have covered almost everything you would likely search for. The BITSAT Application Form 2020 will be made available shortly in the official website. Now prepare for the exam checking the BITSAT Syllabus 2020. Check our website – KVPY.ORG.IN frequently for latest updates.