The Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala is all set to initiate the KEAM Counselling 2020 in June. To provide admissions to the eligible contenders into various UG level courses, the concerned authority holds the counselling. The counselling process is one of the key segments in the entire KEAM admission 2020 procedure. Every year, different colleges participate in the admission process to fill the vacant seats in various specializations of courses. This year, the candidates who are seeking to know the complete counselling procedure can check it here. This post explains the detailed procedure on how to apply for the KEAM Counselling 2020 online, required documents and more. Take a glance!
KEAM Counselling 2020
KEAM is the state-level entrance test organized to the aspirants willing to get admission into various UG courses. The conducting body commences the counselling session registration process every year in June. The whole process goes on through online mode. In general, this commission conducts the entrance exam with the assistance of the National Informatics Centre. The candidates who are seeking to get admission in various courses like Engineering, Medical, and Agriculture into various colleges will register and take up the exam. After the successful completion of the entrance test, the Commission invites the qualifiers for the registration process of counselling. The commission will take care of shortlisting the eligible and qualified candidates into different courses in Kerala colleges.
After conducting the exam and declaring the results, the concerned commission will begin the KEAM Counselling. The candidates need to carry essential documents related to their previous education. The counselling team will verify all the documents and handles the complete admission process. The process is not yet finished with the document verification. The candidates must choose their preferred courses and colleges online. This phase is considered as the entry of the web options. The aspirants can finish this process on the official website of CEE, Kerala. The candidates need to make sure that they attend the document verification process on the scheduled date and time.
Before heading to the KEAM Counselling 2020, the qualified candidates are advised to preserve few things. It includes the 6-digit roll number of the candidate. The examinee can find the same on the KEAM admit card 2020. Another important element is to preserve the print out of the KEAM application form. At the time of attending the counselling session, the candidates must carry it. On the form, the candidates can find the application number present on the left corner of the document. The application number will also be printed on the KEAM admit card. At the time of the registration process, the candidates need to create their login credentials. It includes the application number and password. The candidates must utilize the same password that they used during the registration. In this post, you can find the exact KEAM 2020 counselling schedule.
KEAM 2020 Counselling Schedule
The Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala is likely to begin the KEAM 2020 counselling in the second week of June 2020. The candidates must attend the counselling venues based on their rank and schedule. The officials of the council will allot a date and time to a specific range of ranks. Depending on the ranking order, the candidates must attend their corresponding counselling venues. As the officials of CEE haven’t announced the official schedule of KEAM Counselling, we advise you to follow this portal. So, we just provided the tentative commencement date of the counselling in this post. Soon after receiving the official announcement, we will update the precise schedule for KEAM Counselling 2020.
As per the previous years’ trends, we assume the officials might start the counselling procedure from 13th June 2020. Following the application process online, the officials will begin the document verification. The candidates must pay a certain amount of counselling fee to participate in the session. In Kerala, the concerned officials will conduct the KEAM Counselling through the Centralized Allotment Process. In short, it is known as CAP. This process is carried out via the single window system. Through this process, the officials will allot seats to the candidates into various courses. As per the previous trends, the authorities will conduct the counselling procedure in different rounds. It depends on the number of ranks and seat availability across various colleges.
Documents Required for KEAM Counselling
At the time of the document verification process, the candidates are prompted to carry the essential certificates. If you fail to carry the required documents, the officials won’t consider your name in the KEAM counselling 2020. The document verification is done at the allotted institute of the candidate. The candidates are advised to carry the originals and the attested copies of the documents to the allotted institute. Hence, this certificate verification process will be carried out at the participating colleges in the admission. If you are unaware of the documents to be produced, we furnished the list below. Check it out!
- Admit Card of KEAM 2020 entrance exam
- Candidate’s birth certificate
- KEAM 2020 Result card of the candidate
- 10th and 12th marks sheet of the examinee
- Transfer Certificate of the candidate from the last studied institute
- Original marks sheet of the candidate in the higher secondary qualifying test
- Receipt of the counselling fee
- Qualifying Exam’s pass certificate [after the issuance of the relevant board]
- Passport size photos of the candidate
- KEAM 2020 Schedule
- Allotment Memo issued for the candidates by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination
- Online Application form print out of KEAM 2020 including the originals of the documents attached to it during registration
Make sure that you carry all the aforementioned certificates to the allotted counselling venue without fail.
KEAM Reservation Policy
The concerned authorities will carry out the KEAM 2020 seat allotment process based on a few factors. Based on the reservation policy of the KEAM conducting body authorities, the seat allotment is done every year. They consider the merit, reservation criteria, availability of seats and more during the seat allotment. The relevant officials will follow a certain reservation criterion at the time of filling the seats. Check it out below:
|S.No.||KEAM 2020 Reservation Category||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|1.||State Merit (SM)||60%|
|2.||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
|3.||Dheevara and related communities (DV)||2%|
|Kusavan and related communities (KN)||1%|
|Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian (LA)||3%|
|Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
|Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|Viswakarma and related communities (VK)||2%|
|4.||Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes||10%|
|5.||Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|6.||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
KEAM 2020 Counselling Procedure
The CEE, Kerala follows the Centralized Allotment Process [CAP] during the counselling session. Check the detailed procedure on how to apply for KEAM 2020 Counselling counselling on the official website. Apart from the application process, you can also check all the phases involved in the KEAM counselling session. Check it out!
Step 1: Online Registration
- The candidates need to register on the official website of CEE, Kerala to begin the application form filling process.
- During the registration, the candidates need to generate the application number and password.
- Once the candidate has successfully logged into the portal, they can proceed with the next phase.
Step 2: Filling Preferred Web Options
- The next step involves the entry of web options i.e., selecting the courses and colleges in the order of preference.
- The candidates can find the list of courses and colleges on the Registration page.
- The contenders need to enter the college’s option number to select it as his/her initial preference.
- Later, they need to save all the options. The candidates need to make sure that they have taken a hardcopy of the selected web options for further reference.
Step 3: Rearrangement of Priority-based Web Options
- The candidates have the feasibility to change his or her web option priority any number of times irrespective of the college and course.
- However, there is a specific stipulated period for doing so.
- The candidates need to make sure that they have altered their preferences within the schedule.
- At the time of wrapping up the option filling facility, the candidates must finalize their choices and save the same.
- The concerned authorities will consider those options at the time of the seat allocation.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
- Post the trial allotment process, CEE publishes the final seat allotment results for KEAM 2020.
- The contenders can access the list from the official website of CEE.
- The aspiring candidates are prompted to take a hardcopy of the seat allotment list for further reference. It comprises the allotted institute, course, fee details [to be paid], name and roll number of the candidate.
- The candidates who have accepted their allotted seat must pay the fees at the allotted location. The payment should be done at any of the Head Post offices situated in the state of Kerala. Another procedure for the payment is via online mode.
Step 5: Fee Payment after Seat Allotment
- After the completion of the seat allocation, the ambitious folks need to pay the seat allotment acceptance fee.
- The aspiring candidates must pay the fee at the particular SBI branches online.
- For those candidates who failed to pay the stipulated fee, the seat allotment will be ruled out.
Step 6: Reporting at the Allotted Institute
- Once the candidates have made the payment fruitfully, they need to report at the allotted institute.
- During this phase, the candidates must produce the said documents alongside the admission fee.
- This is the final phase of the KEAM 2020 admission process.
- The candidates are suggested to take a hardcopy of the web options for further reference.
That’s all! This is the complete procedure of KEAM 2020 counselling.
KEAM Trial Allotment 2020
The Commissioner of Entrance Examination organizes a trial allotment before the actual web options filling. By doing so, the candidates will get an idea about the probabilities they acquire during the seat allotment. Based on the examinee’s rank, preferred options of the course and institute, the officials will allocate the seat. However, trial allotment of the seat is not the original allocation. It is just for the knowledge and the candidate’s practice purpose. During the trial allotment, the candidates can enter their preferred college and course options. At the time of the original seat allotment process, the contenders must fill their order of preferences correctly.
KEAM Seat Allotment 2020
The conducting body will organize the seat allotment process by following the Centralized Allotment Process. The commission will pick the candidates only if they meet the essential norms and conditions of the authority. The relevant authorities will consider some of the basic factors at the time of seat allotment. It includes the rank, merit list, college and course preference of students, and the reservation category. The commission provides the option of choosing their preferred colleges via web options selection online. The next follows the seat allotment process. During this process, the commission itself shortlists the candidates based on different factors.
On the list, the candidates can see the list of colleges along with the course and college code. The candidates can then select their preferred college and submit their choice to the commission. From the web options list, the commission will select one by considering the factors like their rank and category. All the qualified candidates can visit the official website and check their allotted college. The commission will publish the seat allotment list and provides access to the individual candidate. Just take the seat allotment letter and report at the college. If the candidates fail to confirm their seats before the deadline, the seat will be allotted to another candidate.
KEAM 2020 Spot Counselling
The KEAM 2020 Spot Counselling is done to fill the remaining vacant seats in specific institutes. The candidates whose names are present in the merit list can apply for the spot counselling process. Usually, the respective institute officials will conduct the spot counselling for KEAM 2020 in the 2nd week of August. This phase will come into the picture only when there are any leftover vacant seats. Each college will conduct this admission on a particular date and time without relying on CEE, Kerala.
That’s it! This is everything you need to understand about the KEAM Counselling 2020. If you still have doubts on this topic in a few phases of counselling, just drop in the comments space. We try to respond to your queries as soon as possible. Stay tuned to our website – KVPY.ORG.IN to receive notifications about the latest news like exams, results, counselling and more. Just access the link given in this post to visit our website frequently. You can even bookmark this portal using the keys Ctrl+D.