West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board has scheduled to begin the WBJEE Counselling 2020 in the last week of June. The ambitious candidates who are qualified in the exam need to attend the counselling on a specific date. The board has shortlisted the candidates’ names who will take part in the counselling. This post gives you complete information about the WBJEE counselling dates, fee, procedure, and seat allotment. Take a look!
Table of Contents
WBJEE Counselling 2020
The aspirants who are willing to get admission into B.Tech/BPharma in different colleges will register for WBJEE 2020 exam. Those candidates will take up the exam and secure the qualifying mark. Later, the WBJEE board will organize the WBJEE 2020 counselling for all the selected aspirants. Based on the merit and the score secured by the candidates in the exam, the board will give a ranking. The counselling for the qualified contenders will be done according to the ranks of the candidates.
During the WBJEE Counselling, the candidates must attend the session in person. Every individual who attends the session must carry the necessary documents. The candidates should produce the originals and Xerox copies of specific certificates at the counselling venue. The board usually conducts the WBJEE 2020 counselling for the candidates in 3 rounds. The counselling begins from the candidates who secured the first rank to 10000 in the first round. In the further rounds of counselling, the candidates who secured subsequent ranks will attend the venue.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling Date
Coming to the WBJEE counselling date 2020, the board is all set to commence the session for the qualified candidates. The board hasn’t made an official announcement about the counselling date. However, we expect that the board might begin the WBJEE counselling session on 25th June 2020. All those aspirants who are highly anxious about their qualifying status can check it online. This is the tentative date for the commencement of WBJEE counselling this year.
During the WBJEE counselling session, the candidates are asked to fill their preferred choice of courses and colleges. The candidates will choose maximum number of preferences in a particular order. Once the board starts the WBJEE online counselling, the authorities will consider the candidate’s preferred courses and colleges. The board allocates a seat for the candidate based on their merit and the preferences filled as web options. Check the complete WBJEE counselling 2020 procedure below.
Documents Required for WBJEE Counselling
The candidates should carry a few crucial documents to the WBJEE Counselling. The aspirants must produce originals alongside the Xerox copies of the following documents. Check it out!
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
- 10th and 12th class Marks sheet and certificate
- WBJEE Rank Card 2020
- Income Certificate
- Reservation category certificate
- Medical fitness certificate of the contender
- Provisional Allotment letter of WBJEE 2020
- Character certificate of the candidate
- Domicile certificate
Every shortlisted and qualified candidate should carry the aforementioned documents without fail.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling Fee
The selected candidates need to pay the counselling fee of Rs. 500 via online mode [net banking]. Besides this amount, some additional bank charges are also applicable. Another notable point is that the WBJEE 2020 Counselling fee is non-refundable. The candidates must finish the payment of the counselling fee during the registration. So, the payment should be finished before attending the WBJEE Counselling.
- WBJEE Counselling Fee 2020: Rs. 500 + Additional Bank charges
WBJEE Counselling Procedure 2020
Check the detailed procedure of WBJEE 2020 Counselling given below:
Step 1: WBJEE Counselling 2020 Registration
- If you are seeking to participate in WBJEE Counselling, you must initially take part in online registration.
- The aspirants must register on the official website before taking part in the counselling.
Step 2: Payment of Counselling Fee
- The candidates need to make payment of Rs. 500 as the counselling fee during the registration process.
- The aspirants who finish the online registration process and fee payment will be permitted to attend the next counselling rounds.
- The contenders must do all these things via the official website online.
Step 3: Filling Web Options
- The contenders need to log into the portal using the application number and password.
- Once the candidate logs into the portal, they can fill their preferences i.e., preferred course and college.
- If the candidates miss any of the steps, they will no longer be a part of admission and seat allotment.
- After finishing the web entry process, the aspirants need to lock their preferences for the final seat allotment of WBJEE.
Step 4: Get your WBJEE Seat Allotment Result
- There are several colleges in West Bengal that offer various B.Tech and B.Pharm courses to the aspirants.
- The interested candidates will fill the web options by choosing from the list of colleges during counselling. The web options filling process is one of the important phases in WBJEE 2020 Counselling.
- The candidates can check whether the board has allocated the seat for them or not online.
- The board will release the seat allotment result online.
- This process will remain the same in all the three rounds of counselling and seat allotment.
- Once the board allots a seat to the candidates in the first round itself, they need to report at the corresponding college.
- The candidates who were allocated a seat must pay the admission fee at the respective college.
Step 5: Reporting Centre
- The candidates will receive a provisional allotment letter. It comprises the details regarding the allotment, fee details and the readiness of the candidate about the seat.
- The aspirants who are seeking to go for the next round, they need to report at the reporting centre.
That’s all! This is the complete WBJEE 2020 Counselling procedure.
WBJEE Spot Round Counselling 2020
Spot round counselling in WBJEE is the final round of counselling. The corresponding colleges will carry out this process to fill the vacant seats. The colleges that are affiliated with WBJEE will report at the allocation centre if there are vacant seats. If a contender doesn’t get a seat in the previous rounds, they can register in spot round counselling and fill their web choices. As of now, there is no information regarding the schedule for WBJEE spot round counselling.
WBJEE Reservation Policy
The reservations are applicable to the aspirants who belong to various categories. Some of them include SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD and other categories. The aspirants should enter their exact category at the time of registration to utilize the reservation scheme. Check out the tabular form that shows the type of institutions and the applicable reservation rules.
|Institution Type||Applicability of Reservation Rules|
|State University/University Departments||Reservation rules of concerned University|
|Private & self-Financing Universities Government Engineering/ Technology / Pharmacy Colleges||Based on concerned Institution’s decision|
|Government Engineering/ Technology / Pharmacy Colleges||State Government’s Reservation rules|
|Private & self-Financing Universities||Based on the corresponding institution’s decision|
WBJEE Seat Allotment 2020
Once the contenders finish the WBJEE registration process for counselling, they must take up the choice filling procedure. The web options filling process is necessary for the seat allotment. The candidates are prompted to choose their preferred college and course by tapping on the name. This will be done in the presence of the nodal officer. The WBJEE 2020 seat allotment is carried out depending on the WBJEE qualified candidates’ merit. If the candidate’s score in the exam is equal to the cutoff mark, they are permitted to attend WBJEE Counselling.
- The board officials will consider the web options and rank of the candidates at the time of allocating the seat.
- From the preferred list of colleges and courses, the board will allot a college to the aspirant.
- After the seat allocation, the willing candidate needs to report at the allotted college for confirmation.
- At the time of joining the college, the candidates must produce essential documents for verification purposes.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling FAQs
The ambitious folks may have some doubts regarding WBJEE 2020 Counselling. To clear such queries, we included the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. Take a look!
[sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h3″ question-0=”How Many Rounds of Counselling are there in WBJEE?” answer-0=”The board officials of WBJEE will carry out a total of 3 counselling rounds. It depends on the total number of qualified candidates, availability of seats and the merit of the candidate.” image-0=”” headline-1=”h3″ question-1=”Is WBJEE Counselling Fee Refundable?” answer-1=”No, the WBJEE counselling 2020 fee is non-refundable.” image-1=”” headline-2=”h3″ question-2=”Is there Any Spot Round in WBJEE?” answer-2=”The aspiring contenders will get admission into various B.Tech courses after getting through the WNJEE Counselling. If the seats are vacant, the specific colleges will conduct the spot round of counselling. In such a case, the candidates can get a seat only through management quota.” image-2=”” count=”3″ html=”true” css_class=””]
Hope this guide has given enough details about WBJEE Counselling 2020. If you think that we provided some beneficial information, do bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN. If you have any doubts regarding the WBJEE counselling date 2020, just ask us in the comments section. For the latest updates on the counselling, result and seat allotment, stay tuned to this website.