The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is started by Department of Science and Technology (DST) in the year 1999 with an intention to encourage students of Basic Science. The main motive of this scholarship program is to encourage the talented students to pursue their career in research. This program aims to help the students and thereby the country by supplementing it with best talents for research and development. It provides scholarship or contingency grant to the merit KVPY students up to pre Ph.D level. Indian Institute of Sciences holds the entire responsibility of conducting the KVPY scholarship exam for the eligible students. Students willing to apply for the KVPY scholarship program for the year 2020 can do so by visiting the official website kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. Applicants first need to go through the KVPY Eligibility 2020 before applying for the scholarship program.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020
IISc has scheduled the KVPY national level scholarship exam to be held on January 31st, 2020. Candidates before applying for the program need to check the eligibility set by the exam body and apply only if they satisfy the criteria. The KVPY applications from those candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria laid by KVPY will not be entertained by the exam conducting body. So, candidates need to be very alert while going through the kvpy eligibility 2020 and apply only if they have all the eligibility as required for the KVPY exam. Students can also get the eligibility criteria for the KVPY exam 2020 from here. We have drafted a easy version of the criteria in this page for you. Read on to find out!
Before getting started, candidates need to note that the KVPY fellowships will be granted only to the Indian Nationals to Study in India. Students willing to pursue or pursing under graduate program under Distance Education scheme/correspondence course of any university are not eligible to apply for this KVPY fellowship. The stream wise eligibility criteria for Streams SA, SX and SB are written below separately. You can also get the eligibility criteria from the official website of KVPY. Students appearing for the exam can also check Stream Wise Syllabus for KVPY from our website.
KVPY Eligibility For Stream SA
Candidates applying for KVPY aptitude exam for the SA stream should satisfy the kvpy 2020 eligibility.
- They should be in their XI standard (science group) during the academic year 2020-21 and should have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board examination.
- The scholarship will be granted to these students only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2022-23.
- These candidates also need to secure a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard Board Examination.
KVPY Eligibility For Stream SX
The kvpy eligibility criteria for stream SX is as follows.
- Applicants willing to join SX stream must have enrolled in XII Standard (Science group) during the academic year 2020-21.
- They should be willing to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences such as Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology and thereby to join B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. for the session 2021-22.
- However, the applicants should have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for PWD/SC/ST) aggregate in SCIENCE and MATHEMATICS subjects (Physics / Biology / Chemistry) in the X Standard Board Examination during the academic year 2021-22 to sit for the exam.
- The scholarship for these students will be offered only if the shortlisted candidates join an undergraduate course in Basic science (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2020-21 with minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination during academic year 2020-21.
KVPY Eligibility For Stream SB
The kvpy exam eligibility for SB stream is that,
- The applicants must be pursuing their 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology thereby B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2020-21.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the XII Standard Board Examination and 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in the 1st year final examination of B.Sc./B.S./B.Math./B.Stat./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.
This is the KVPY Eligibility that the applicants of KVPY scholarship exam 2020 should know. Bookmark our website KVPY.ORG.IN for latest updates related to KVPY exam. You can come across all the KVPY related articles in our website.