The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a National level fellowship program in Basic Sciences. It is driven by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The main motive of the program is to attract the talented and merit students towards pursuing basic science courses and research career in science. The program encourages the students to participate in the research and development in the country by offering them scholarship benefits every month in the name of contingency grant. KVPY has rolled out its notification inviting the eligible candidates to apply for the fellowship. The applications were being accepted starting from 6th September 2020. Applicants need to take up the aptitude test conducted by KVPY through computer-based mode. The KVPY Exam Pattern plays a key role in preparation for the aptitude test.
KVPY Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates who have applied for the KVPY conducted aptitude test are advised to go through the exam pattern first. Students studying in XI standard to 1st year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Sciences can take part in the exam. The exam will be conducted in various exam centers across the country. Based on the performance of the students in the aptitude test, they will be called to appear for the interview round.
In order to grant the fellowship, both aptitude test and interview marks are considered. In order to start the preparation, students need to know the KVPY exam syllabus as well as exam pattern. The KVPY Exam Pattern 2020 is what you should be aware of in order to make a worthy preparation for the exam. It depicts the pattern in which the questions are asked in the exam paper along with the marks allotment.
KVPY Exam Pattern For SA Stream
KVPY 2020 is scheduled to be held on 31st January as per the Exam Date given by KVPY. Candidates need to note that the KVPY question paper will be asked in both English & Hindi Language. The question paper contains two sections – Part I and Part II. Both Part I and Part II consists of four sections. These sections are common to all the three streams. The sections comprising the question paper are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. The KVPY 2020 exam pattern for all the three streams is as follows:
- The exam will be held in two shifts for different streams.
- For stream SA,the exam will be held from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- The paper contains multiple choice questions and all the questions needs to be attempted in stream SA mandatorily.
- Part 1 of stream SA consists of 60 questions, which means, 15 questions from each section whereas Part II comprises 20 questions, 5 questions from each section.
KVPY Exam Pattern For SB / SX
- The exam for stream SB/SX, will be held from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Candidates can attempt any three sections in Part I & any two sections in Part II in Stream SB/SX.
- Part I of stream SB/SX consists of 80 questions, which means 20 questions from each section whereas Part II consists of 40 questions, 10 questions from each section.
KVPY Marking Scheme
The KVPY Marking Scheme shows how the marks are allotted to each of the sections in the question paper.
- The question papers for all the streams SA, SB, and SX consists of 100 marks.
- Each question of Part I carries 1 mark and for every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- On the other hand, Part II contains questions that carry 2 marks each with negative marking of 0.5 marks.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours for all the three streams.
For your easy understanding, we have tabulated the KVPY Exam Pattern 2020 for all the streams here in this article. Don’t forget to bookmark our website – KVPY.ORG.IN for more related updates.