The National Testing Agency has scheduled to hold JEE Main 2020 from 1st September. As per the schedule, all the states across the nation have initiated the exam at various test venues. NTA hasn’t mentioned any particular dress code for the students who will take up the JEE Main 2020 examination from Tuesday. However, the agency has mentioned the things that aren’t allowed into the exam hall. The items that are not permitted also includes clothing and other things.
NTA has decided to conduct the JEE Main 2020 exam between 1st and 6th September at 660 test venues across India. About 858273 candidates have applied for the national level entrance exam. This exam was originally scheduled to organize in April. Due to the nationwide lockdown amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the officials have postponed the examination. To evade the spread of coronavirus, NTA authorities have decided to issue a few guidelines related to the JEE Main Dress Code 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Dress Code Instructions
As of now, NTA hasn’t specified any special NTA JEE Main Dress Code for the students who will appear for JEE Main examination. However, few things will not be allowed into the exam hall. Check the list furnished below:
- The candidates aren’t permitted to carry any sort of metallic things while entering into the exam hall for JEE Main 2020 exam. No jewelry, ornaments, and other gadgets are allowed.
- The students who usually wear kirpan or kara as part of their religious customs must report at the exam venue at least 1.5 hours before the closing time of the gate. Such students must inform the concerned authorities at the exam hall. If not, they won’t be permitted to take up the exam.
- The students are not permitted to put on watches while writing the test in the exam hall.
- The students shouldn’t carry gadgets, electronic things, handbags, stationery items like calculators and other communication devices like mobile phones.
- The students should not cover their heads with a cap or dupatta and other things. They will be allowed to do so only if it is a part of their tradition. Such students must get prior permission for doing such things.
- The students who wear shoes or footwear with thick soles will not be permitted to take up the exam. No student must wear garments that come with large buttons who appear for the exam.
As the entire nation is struggling a lot to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the students are asked to dress as per the health ministry guidelines. Besides this, no exclusive JEE Main Dress Code rules have been announced by NTA. Every student must wear face masks, gloves, and other things to ensure safety. The candidates must report at their respective test venues quite early before the actual exam time. Hence, the students are permitted to bring some food items with them.
Check some other vital instructions that every student must follow before entering the test venue and while writing the test.
- Every student must follow proper social distancing measures while entering into the exam hall. The candidates must evade crowding near the gates and no one should enter the hall in a hurry to sit in their allotted place.
- The students who have diabetic problems can carry eatables and water along with them. It includes fruits, glucose tablets, and others. Other candidates are allowed to carry a transparent water bottle into the exam hall.
Things to Carry
- Personal Hand Sanitizer
- Exam-related documents such as the admit card, ID card, and others
- Extra Photograph of the student
- Transparent Ballpoint pen
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Face Mask [At the exam center, the students will be asked to remove their face mask and use the mask provided by them]
That’s all! These are some of the crucial instructions that every student must follow during the JEE Main exam 2020. Apart from the guidelines, the candidates must follow the JEE Main Dress Code 2020 according to the rules of NTA. Stay tuned to KVPY.ORG.IN to get the latest updates about upcoming exams, results, and more.